Enfocus releases PitStop Pro 12 and PitStop Server 12 at Print 13

Started by abc, September 10, 2013, 06:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Still not pleased with the Enfocus upgrade policy punishment for loyal users that upgraded to ver. 11 as soon as it was out. Maybe we should wait until 13 is announced and then we can buy 12 and get 13 free when it is released. :angry:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Joe, you're used Adobe. You should be used to being punished for being an early adopter.

But agreed, that is a bit shitty.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Grimace

I finally got Pitstop on May 24, just a couple of weeks before the free upgrade cutoff.
What does this mean? I am still trying to learn all that Pitstop can do. Am I just wasting my time?
Sounds like they make pretty big changes with each release, I'm too busy to even take time to look at the version I have now, and it's already obsolete?

Joe

Quote from: Grimace on September 10, 2013, 03:42:03 PMI finally got Pitstop on May 24, just a couple of weeks before the free upgrade cutoff.
What does this mean? I am still trying to learn all that Pitstop can do. Am I just wasting my time?
Sounds like they make pretty big changes with each release, I'm too busy to even take time to look at the version I have now, and it's already obsolete?

It means another $219 per copy will get you up to the latest version. 12.

t-pat

Quote from: Grimace on September 10, 2013, 03:42:03 PMI finally got Pitstop on May 24, just a couple of weeks before the free upgrade cutoff.

I'd guess not obsolete, they probably moved stuff you knew where it was, and added stuff you don't know what it's for. Learning all what it can do is sort of like learning all what Photoshop can do. Lifetime of learning.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

abc

I love this forum!

Nothing moved!

Nothing changed, that lesson has been learnt, things only improved!

we added some cool stuff, but it works as you would expect, so no need for training.

Nothings obsolete, your version still does what it did when you bought it, but this new version does more.

t-pat

Quote from: abc on September 10, 2013, 04:57:28 PMI love this forum!

Nothing moved!

we added some cool stuff, but it works as you would expect, so no need for training.

Nothings obsolete, your version still does what it did when you bought it, but this new version does more.

:group: :jammin:
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Grimace

Quote from: abc on September 10, 2013, 04:57:28 PMI love this forum!

Nothing moved!

Good to know. I am of course a very late adopter, Pitstop has saved me tons of work already. Nice to know I'm not out in the cold with each new version.

frailer

Now opening all PDFs in XI and 12. Handy doing those Curve adjusts and Brightness/contrast. Looking forward to the inclusion of Levels, for Dynamic Range, if they decide to do it.
All really working pretty nicely.   :cool:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on September 11, 2013, 10:36:52 PMNow opening all PDFs in XI and 12. Handy doing those Curve adjusts and Brightness/contrast. Looking forward to the inclusion of Levels, for Dynamic Range, if they decide to do it.

As annoyed as I am with Enfocus, not you ABC, I tried to order Pitstop 12 and was told by CDW it is not available yet. I guess it takes awhile to move through the channels.

frailer

Quote from: Joe on September 11, 2013, 10:40:27 PM
Quote from: frailer on September 11, 2013, 10:36:52 PMNow opening all PDFs in XI and 12. Handy doing those Curve adjusts and Brightness/contrast. Looking forward to the inclusion of Levels, for Dynamic Range, if they decide to do it.

As annoyed as I am with Enfocus, not you ABC, I tried to order Pitstop 12 and was told by CDW it is not available yet. I guess it takes awhile to move through the channels.

I can hear him muttering under his breath.    :lipsrsealed:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

abc

Hi Joe, it should certainly be available since last Monday, I know loads of guys who are selling it and you can buy it online

I will mention it to our North American guy. I am in New York at the moment for some customer visits after Print 13 so I'll let him know, I bet he won't be happy!

Thanks to all those on the forum who tested the version. We put a lot of the feedback from the beta tests back into the release, and that helped make it a very strong release for us.

Joe

Quote from: abc on September 12, 2013, 05:39:07 AMHi Joe, it should certainly be available since last Monday, I know loads of guys who are selling it and you can buy it online

I will mention it to our North American guy. I am in New York at the moment for some customer visits after Print 13 so I'll let him know, I bet he won't be happy!

Thanks to all those on the forum who tested the version. We put a lot of the feedback from the beta tests back into the release, and that helped make it a very strong release for us.

CDW = Computer Discount Warehouse. http://www.cdw.com

They claim it is not available to them yet. We buy it from there because they have our licensing info. It was a huge fustercluck when we upgraded from 10 to 11 with licensing so I would not look forward to trying to buy it elsewhere.