Enfocus releases PitStop Pro 12 and PitStop Server 12 at Print 13

Started by abc, September 10, 2013, 06:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

The "sales" person said when they put our license in, because it is a recently released product it won't take the license. Something about having to enter the SKU manually blah, blah, blah. They said we might get it late this week or early next week. But I'm not holding my breath.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

ABC, it looks like we have version 12 ordered and we are ready to download and install. The instructions from CDW says to deactivate our current license:

QuoteIMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING INSTALLATION
==============================================

FIRST STEP: You must de-activate your previous PitStop Pro license (you will need to de-activate the version of PitStop Pro which you are upgrading from) before you can install your PitStop Pro 11 upgrade. Instructions on how to deactivate your license of PitStop Pro can be found here: http://www.enfocus.com/manuals/QuickStartGuide/PP/11/enUS/en-us/task/ta_Deactivating_licenses.html

Version 11 License Key to Deactivate: --------------------------------------------

The Enfocus License Manager can also be used to deactivate a license. If this is not already installed on the computer requiring the license be deactivated please refer to http://www.enfocus.com/en/support/knowledge-base/what-is-the-local-license-manager-and-what-can-i-use-it-for

Launch the Enfocus License Manager. The license keys will be listed that need to be deactivated. Please select the license key(s) and click Deactivate. The licenses will now be deactivated.

The Enfocus License Manager can also be used to activate a license key without having to activate within Acrobat -> PitStop Pro should you require.
Does this sound right? I've never had to deactivate a previous version before. In fact, it has been a nightmare when replacing Macs to try and de-activate on the old Mac so we can activate on the new Macs and my current license in Insite shows a bunch of version 9, 10, and 11 and will not let me delete them. I believe I've asked about this before and sent you screen shots. Any advice on how to proceed?

abc

Hi Joe

That was for 11, things got easier in 12.

1. Install version 12
2. load the license you got with version 12
3. Activate.

No need to deactivate or change the existing licensing at all.

Joe

Version 11 would not let us activate using its upgrade License key unless the upgrade key for 10 and the full key for 9 was in there. So does 12 require us to have the keys for 9, 10, 11 in there? Or can I just use the key for 12 for a new Mac that has never had 9, 10, or 11 installed on it.

abc

I'll reply on a PM as it's a slightly different for different installations and I wouldn't want to give anyone a bum steer