Update to Acrobat caused problems

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, January 04, 2024, 10:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

Quote from: Ear on January 31, 2024, 05:56:44 PMThis happened to me to, Bubbles... forgot about the hidden updater for Acrobat and now PitStop is almost unusable. Select an object and everything goes blank. I can still use actions and GC but I'm flying blind. This is an older PitStop and I reckon it is finally time to update to a subscription.

All of this gets me into update hell. My main production masheen is still on Catalina, using 2023 versions of InDesign, etc... and Suitcase for font management. I'm reluctant to let the Mac update to Sonoma and update all of my Adobe stuff, for fear of losing days of production trying to sort it out if it turns into a mess. I still use older InDesign to handle PS fonts and not sure I will be able to use any of that once I upgrade.
Hey Ear!
Yeah I had to go through it, worst part is Pantone connect, I have not updated InDiesign to the last one
as I will lose my swatches and have to go to connect, I am starting to get use to it but not fully.
I accidentally updated Illy so Pantone connect

pspdfppdfxhd

Dumb question, but if you just bring a pdf into indesign, does that not import all the PANTONE swatches?

If you had a pdf with all the Pantone colours wouldn't that bring them all in?

I know, it sounds too easy but when I import any PANTONE colours from supplied pdfs they come in. I'm sure that I am missing something here though.

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on February 02, 2024, 11:00:03 AMDumb question, but if you just bring a pdf into indesign, does that not import all the PANTONE swatches?

I know, it sounds too easy but when I import any PANTONE colours from supplied pdfs they come in. I'm sure that I am missing something here though.
Been out of the game for awhile but it doesn't actually add the colors in the PDF to the main pallet does it? I think they are just in the document swatch pallet and when you close that document they are no longer there.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Yes, just to the document pallet, but if you need to create something with a spot color and you import the pdf you could use that color in your document. So, you could import a pdf with all the Pantone colours you need and then select those colours and export those swatches and reload them back into a new document and they're in there. I tried it and it seemed to work. Still feeling like I am missing something though.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on February 02, 2024, 11:08:33 AM
Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on February 02, 2024, 11:00:03 AMDumb question, but if you just bring a pdf into indesign, does that not import all the PANTONE swatches?

Been out of the game for awhile but it doesn't actually add the colors in the PDF to the main pallet does it? I think they are just in the document swatch pallet and when you close that document they are no longer there.
well that's... something
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

did you update to the latest InDesign when you got the new computer?

pspdfppdfxhd

Yes, the latest and greatest full of tons of new "features".

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

pspdfppdfxhd

Tracy

I don't think you will see any Pantone swatches since you upgraded
I forgot I updated my indesign too, I Have connect tho
I avoided the update for a long time

pspdfppdfxhd

They are all still there in pitstop though, i had to convert a 4 color pdf to 2 spot colors last week had and no problems.

madbugger

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on February 02, 2024, 11:27:43 AMYes, just to the document pallet, but if you need to create something with a spot color and you import the pdf you could use that color in your document. So, you could import a pdf with all the Pantone colours you need and then select those colours and export those swatches and reload them back into a new document and they're in there. I tried it and it seemed to work. Still feeling like I am missing something though.

So there is a project in the making. Make a pdf with all the spot colours in it and place it in any document that needs spot colours. Gunna take a while to filter the ones you don't need out, but it is a workaround. ;D ;D
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.
— Madbugger

Some people say you gotta die some day, I got news, you never gotta go
— Ted Nugent

pspdfppdfxhd

Thats my middle name. Workaround.

DigiCorn

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on February 05, 2024, 06:21:11 PMThats my middle name. Workaround.
Mine is, "whothefuckdoyouthinkyouare?" James, for short.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway