Konica Minolta BizhubPro C6501

Started by Skryber, August 04, 2009, 11:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skryber

Anyone have experience with one of these. It might be the most jamming buggy  piece of crap I've ever used. But I'm wondering if it's just ours. The tech is here almost everyday repairing something. I can't get 10 sheets out duplexing without a jam. The Creo imposition software doesn't do what you tell it to do, and it prints cockeyed always. The tray collapses to the floor when you have over an inch of stock on it leaving you with product everywhere. So, is it our machine that is the problem, or all of them?
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

delooch

they are so-so, but im a canon guy. we have a BH c351 for a "backup" - god help us if we ever have to rely on that thing. It does OK, except when duplexing, doesnt jam but randomly tumbles/turns page orientation on large jobs. tech says its "an issue being addressed".

Skryber

If digital printing fell off the face of the Earth, I would be mentally stable.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

delooch

business being how it is, digital short run is saving my life. this job used to be 50/50 (50% prepress/design and 50% short run production). We oursource all of our long-run process jobs. vendors have become some competitive lately, most of them dont even hit us with graphics/prep charges anymore, thats the main reason why i was here.. We are getting a new Canon c-6000vp in a few weeks as weve killed our clc5100. Im hoping that 6000 keeps me around at least another year.  Ill take what i can get.  Theres nothing out there in this job market, so as they say, the worst day fishing is better than the best day at work.. Ill wear the  badge of copy-jockey as long as i need to.

Skryber

Our money maker is the offset press. We wouldn't be in business without it. The digital presses are good for the short runs like you said, but I think it would take less time and the same amount of money (as far as plates vs click charge) to gang and run, as long as we had enough jobs in at the same time. And we have 2 digital presses and both are screwed up right now. I have to babysit it all day. I can't leave it be and come back to it. But I have to run both sides of the shop, be IT guy, shipping, and cut all digital jobs. I feel like I'm going backwards, it's just all piling up. It's better than no work, but I'm at wit's end right now. There has never been nothing for me to do here.  :banghead:
Sorry, I just have a bad attitude this week. I'm piling up on chores at home, friends piece of junk computer's to fix and no time to do this wedding stuff and I have to have a party in 2 weeks and it's all been adding up.

Dawn

Skryber I feel for you with this piece of shit machine.  We have the Koni Buzhub Pro C6500 and like you it was constantly screwed up. We used to have service here almost every day.  I was at wits end. Finally we had a different repair guy come in and our problems got less and less. Now we only have him in for our routine cleanings.  New repair guy = problems solved
If assholes could fly this place would be an airport!

gnubler

Quote from: Skryber on August 04, 2009, 11:19:25 AMAnyone have experience with one of these. It might be the most jamming buggy  piece of crap I've ever used. But I'm wondering if it's just ours. The tech is here almost everyday repairing something. I can't get 10 sheets out duplexing without a jam. The Creo imposition software doesn't do what you tell it to do, and it prints cockeyed always. The tray collapses to the floor when you have over an inch of stock on it leaving you with product everywhere. So, is it our machine that is the problem, or all of them?

Prolly all of them. I worked in a shop 2+ years ago that had a similar machine (not sure on the model #) as well as a color machine (don't remember the model). Service tech was in on a daily basis. I'm not exaggerating. The color machine gave us far more problems than the b/w one, but they were both flawed. You're right about the impo software - it sucked. It got to the point where all we could run through the machine was 100# gloss book - everything else caused a catastrophe. Ah, the memories of pulling out little shreds of jammed paper from hot rollers.

It reminds me of Quark. I'm assuming a company tests the hell out of a product to find all the bugs and problems before putting it on the market...and it seems like this crap is being sent to market as-is.

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP???
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

Quote from: Skryber on August 04, 2009, 01:44:56 PMIf digital printing fell off the face of the Earth, I would be a mentally stable.

A mentally stable what? I don't know about stable, but my desire to kill would be much decreased.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

Quote from: gnubler on January 28, 2011, 11:01:53 AM
Quote from: Skryber on August 04, 2009, 01:44:56 PMIf digital printing fell off the face of the Earth, I would be a mentally stable.

A mentally stable what? I don't know about stable, but my desire to kill would be much decreased.
My desire to kill Gnubler would wane as well.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on January 28, 2011, 11:04:09 AM

Dude, I know almost every revealing aspect of your existence. All you know about me is that I maybe live somewhere around New Mexico or Arizona. You don't even know my true gender. (nobody does, not even me)

Farabomb

Quote from: gnubler on January 28, 2011, 11:07:24 AM
Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on January 28, 2011, 11:04:09 AM

You don't even know my true gender. (nobody does, not even me)

One of the great mysteries.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Skryber

Why was this thread unleashed again?

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on January 28, 2011, 01:57:49 PM
Quote from: Skryber on January 28, 2011, 01:49:22 PMWhy was this thread unleashed again?

gnubler revived it.
I would think Gnub would be a "Do Not Revive."
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Quote from: Skryber on January 28, 2011, 01:49:22 PMWhy was this thread unleashed again?

Because I'm in "digital copier" hell and thought of your quote. I have a photographic memory, unlike these machines.