HP 7000 Printing on MagnaCote

Started by Chuckls, December 15, 2010, 12:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuckls

Anybody printing on 13mil magnacote or something similar on the HP 7000? Any tips or tricks will be very helpful.

David

got this off their website, it's for the 5500, maybe it will help:

QuotePrinting MagneCote

For the best results when running MagneCote on the HP Indigo 5500 carry out the following preprint steps:

* Ensure that the vacuum suckers are in good condition or replaced with new ones and open vacuum at suckers.

* Ensure the blanket is in a good condition (replace with a new one when necessary)

* The rotor vacuums to be set at 65 or greater (this is a PC setting).

* Set the machine to run in simplex mode.

* Set the machine to run the heaviest grade of paper.

* Set the machine to maximum substrate caliper. The caliper adjustment knob to be on setting 11 or 12.

* First run a heavy stock to check machine operation and runnability.

* Run the MagneCote reverse loaded in the paper tray without ink to test runnability.

* Run the MagneCote loaded the correct way (face up in the paper tray) with no ink and the machine paper path sensors off.

* Run the MagneCote loaded the correct way (face up in the paper tray) with ink with and the machine paper path sensors off.

The MagneCote product we tested was the 13 point with a UV varnish on the MagneCote coating.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Chuckls

Thanks David
I have tried that - The 7000 does not have the same adjustments as the 5500.

Slappy

Yikes, we run a 5000 here so I'm not much help most likely. You might try over on the Digital Print Forum, lots of actual press operators there and I'm sure more than a few 7000 owners as well. Good luck!
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Chuckls

Thank Slappy - I will try that in the am - going home for the day. yea!!