Variable images

Started by Tracy, December 28, 2010, 04:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

Has anyone seen the variable data where they spell names out in different ways
such as in confetti, sunflower seeds, valentine sweethearts?
How is it done?

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

Hey thanks!
now I see I cannot do it :laugh:

Slappy

I looked into it to, briefly. There's an amazing package called DirectSmile you should look at, even try the Demo. I believe it's a Windows only app, but it's powerful as hell. They have a huge library of stock Effects, or you can build your own using their guidelines. It's fairly pricey too, so we never got pat the demo stage.

There are a few service-based options also where you submit your database, they generate all the images and it's up to you to link them to your design and output device. Much more reasonable, but from what I saw the image libraries are a little limited, and the process of linking all those images to the layout (at least for us) was daunting.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Slappy on December 29, 2010, 04:15:06 PMI looked into it to, briefly. There's an amazing package called DirectSmile you should look at, even try the Demo.

My understanding was that DirectSmile was bought by Printables and became "Expressions."
Quote from: Tracy on December 28, 2010, 04:43:44 PMHey thanks!
now I see I cannot do it :laugh:
Yes you can! Just buy FP and Expressions, and you can do it! Have faith in yourself!
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

Thanks slappy and dig sig! I will check into those
dig sig, I have fusion pro, kind of a retard on it tho. downloaded the manual
do you know how much the software is?
Im actually kinda interested in this variable images thing.