Trying to rebuild from the fire....need equipment

Started by Skryber, January 05, 2011, 07:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skryber

We have a building and are about finished with the demolition and fixin uppin. Time to start replacing our equipment. Aside from software, the things we need pronto are:

• Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor
• HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C
• Epson Stylus Pro 9880
• Mutoh ValueJet 1604
• ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and perfect or similar (Coater a must, perfect I doubt we need)
• a scanner....we had a Lanovia. We will take any large nice working scanner.

Please keep me in mind if you see any of these for sale or even something comparable.
Thanks in advance! :)

Skryber
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

beck

We have an old Roland (probably 20 - 25 years old) we're getting rid of.  Don't know the exact model #.

49", 6/C + coater, perfector.

Lemme know if you want some specs on it.

beck
Nevertheless....beck has hit the proverbial nail on the head.
Joe

Skryber

Quote from: beck  on January 06, 2011, 09:24:00 AMWe have an old Roland (probably 20 - 25 years old) we're getting rid of.  Don't know the exact model #.

49", 6/C + coater, perfector.

Lemme know if you want some specs on it.

beck

Hmmmm....yes, I'll take specs. I'm wondering about a platesetter though for that size.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

DigiCorn

We have several B&W document scanners... Heidelberg... but I think they're SCSI... pretty old, but work well.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Pone

Very sorry to hear about your fire. Here are some emails we get from equipment companies. Not sure if these will help or not but I figured I'd throw them your way. Good luck!

web.sales@grafitecplc.com
presssale@cytanet.com.cy

Joe

http://www.pfequip.com/inventory.html

Keep an eye out for printers going out of business too. It's pretty common these days.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

There are some listings over at whattheythink.com too: http://listit.whattheythink.com/items/

We have a 44" Canon 6 color printer w/EFI ColorProof XF including the one-bit tiff option and the HP server that drives it. Let me know if you are interested.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Skryber

Digital, I have no problem with SCSI, however, we need a color scanner. Thanks though!

Thanks for the links guys! I will look into them.

DigiCorn

My mistake... we have 3 Agfas the boss says he'll part with for $100 + the cost of shipping for all 3... they do color... not sure they all work, though. The two T1200s are SCSI and the Snapscan Touch is USB.

We do have 2 Heidelberg B&Ws, but you said not interested.

T1200 Technical Details
600 x 1,200 dpi resolution, 2,400 dpi interpolated, 36-bit color depth
SCSI-2 interface
Agfa TwinPlate technology, reflective and transparency scanning beds
Up to 6.5 milliseconds per line scanning time
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

The boss also wants me to pimp this awesome platestacker we got also... he keeps saying he wants to get rid of it... but wants $$$ for it. Let me know if you seriously want it, and maybe you can work out a deal.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

born2print

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on January 06, 2011, 02:23:36 PMThe boss also wants me to pimp this awesome platestacker we got also... he keeps saying he wants to get rid of it... but wants $$$ for it. Let me know if you seriously want it, and maybe you can work out a deal.
I believe you mean "turn-out"
HTH
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

DigiCorn

Quote from: born2print on January 06, 2011, 02:27:25 PM
Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on January 06, 2011, 02:23:36 PMThe boss also wants me to pimp this awesome :sarcasm: platestacker we got also... he keeps saying he wants to get rid of it... but wants $$$ for it. Let me know if you seriously want it, and maybe you can work out a deal.
I believe you mean "turn-out"
HTH

Sorry... I screwed that up first time I wrote it. Let me do it again:

he boss also wants me to pimp  :yuck2: this awesome  :banana: platestacker we got... he keeps saying he wants to get rid of it... but wants $$$ for it. Let me know if you seriously want it, and maybe you can work out a deal. (Traslation: :givebeer: :drunk:)
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

born2print

:laugh: Your post is almost as ugly as the proof slip I just got  :rolleyes:
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

gnubler

Quote from: born2print on January 06, 2011, 02:44:04 PM:laugh: Your post is almost as ugly as the proof slip I just got  :rolleyes:

:laugh: Or the church flyer I'm working on?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

t-pat

Skryber, there are probably 4-5 shops in the Chicago area that are going under, or getting swallowed by Donnelly right now. Trying to remember the name of some place dude sent in a resume looking for  a job here (laugh...) I think it was Quality Color maybe. Best bet is to research the equipment auctions for places going out of business, good deals to be had for sure.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait