Enfocus announces PitStop 2017

Started by Joe, March 08, 2017, 06:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pabney

Since I bought them online through the Enfocus site, I would assume that Enfocus would be my reseller. Should I just put a support ticket in to get the maintenance contract added?

Joe

Time is getting short to get these maintenance contracts before the April release of the new version. Still waiting to hear back from Matt about it. I'm sure since I haven't heard from him is because he doesn't have the info yet either.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

abc

HI guys

Here's the pricing prior to release, if any of you need someone to contact you please let me know, and I will make it happen.

Maintenance and support contract for existing PitStop 13 customers up until release (includes 2017 version) = $186
PitStop Pro Software upgrade to 13 from 12 - NO UPGRADES, NO SUPPORT = $229
PitStop Pro Software upgrade to 13 from 12 + maintenance and support (includes 2017 version) =  $286

PitStop Pro Software upgrade to 13 from 11 + maintenance and support (includes 2017 version) = $396
PitStop Pro Software upgrade to 13 from 11 - NO UPGRADES, NO SUPPORT =  $339

Joe

Andrew, doesn't the support contract have a monthly or yearly fee in addition to the $186.00 per user initial price?

abc

Hi Joe.
No, if you have a current version 13, and you want to add a one year maintenance and support including upgrades (2017 version), that's it $186.

After the release you would have to buy the upgrade, and maintenance would be optional.
If compare to the upgrade for 12 to 13, that's a good price comparison.

Joe

OK I thought the maintenance plan was the same as the subscription. So what happens at the end of that one year? You just pay for another year of the maintenance plan. If so I assume the price would be in that $186 per user neighborhood?

Also if we did want to move to the subscription plan...does that monthly/yearly fee also cover as a support agreement or do you have to get that separately along with the monthly/yearly subscription?

abc

At the end of the year, you can then renew your maintenance and get the 2018 release etc.
that would be around the same price.

Subscription is a lot more per year, plus if you stop paying you can't use it anymore. With the Perpetual license/maintenance you get the license, so if you decide not to renew, then you can still use that version.

There is no official upgrade/downgrade from perpetual to subscription or the other way.

Joe

Joe

Quote from: abc on March 16, 2017, 05:59:23 AMHI guys

Here's the pricing prior to release, if any of you need someone to contact you please let me know, and I will make it happen.

Maintenance and support contract for existing PitStop 13 customers up until release (includes 2017 version) = $186
PitStop Pro Software upgrade to 13 from 12 - NO UPGRADES, NO SUPPORT = $229
PitStop Pro Software upgrade to 13 from 12 + maintenance and support (includes 2017 version) =  $286

PitStop Pro Software upgrade to 13 from 11 + maintenance and support (includes 2017 version) = $396
PitStop Pro Software upgrade to 13 from 11 - NO UPGRADES, NO SUPPORT =  $339

One more question...the cost of the maintenance contract for ver. 13 is $186.00 which also gives us ver. 2017. What is the cost to upgrade from ver. 13 to ver. 2017 without a maintenance and support upgrade?

Also when you say "NO UPGRADES, NO SUPPORT" does the "NO UPGRADES" part mean major version upgrades or no upgrades at all...say from ver. 2017 to ver. 2017 update 1 etc...?

Tracy

I would be interested in the upgrade price as well!

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on March 16, 2017, 12:13:42 PMI would be interested in the upgrade price as well!

Just got off the phone with Matt and while he doesn't know the exact price of the upgrade he believes it is about 20% higher than the cost of getting the SMA (Support and Maintenance Agreement).

abc

Hi Joe
PitStop 13 to PitStop 2017 would $229, that would be available after the release.
But does not include support or upgrades.
No upgrades means you would get update 1, but that update will be a bug fix version only.

mattbeals

If you need an upgrade or maintenance agreement, let me know.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Joe

Quote from: mattbeals on March 16, 2017, 02:28:37 PMIf you need an upgrade or maintenance agreement, let me know.

Just waiting on the OK from up above Matt. Hopefully early next week at the latest. We will definitely be doing the maintenance agreement. Not the upgrade. I just had to have confirmation that the upgrade is more expensive than the SMA. Bean counters had inquiring minds.

Slappy

I'm told that we purchased our licenses (3 total) directly from Enfocus, one of them is a standalone license for some reason. Do we go back to Enfocus to talk updates, or should we throw in with a reseller at this point?
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.