Selecting and Extracting multi pages from Acrobat

Started by Chuckls, January 24, 2019, 11:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuckls

I have a 4400 page PDF that is financial statements. Some have 4 pages, some have 3 pages. I need to extracted all of the 4 pagers as one PDF and all of the 3 pagers as another, and all of the ones that are 2 pages as well. I manually extracted the 3 & 4 pagers because there wasn't that many. I have over 2500+ 2 pagers that would take forever to do manually. Anyone have any ideas? I have Pitstop. Acrobat DC. Thank in Advance!

DCurry

I'm confused - if you already manually extracted the 3 and 4 pagers, aren't you just left with the 2 pagers?
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

scottrsimons

I would suggest going to Fiverr.com and look on there for someone to program a Python script that might do what you are looking. Might cost $20-$50, but probably cheaper that your time doing it manually. I've had a couple of projects done this way, well worth the money.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Tracy

If your trying to make them all 2pg pdfs, In Acrobat you can select Split, Under window/split
it will then ask how many pages you want to split them into, I think the default is 2
before you click on split there is an output options button that can put an underscore and a label after each pdf
I usually let the underscore stay and delete where it says Part, It will number the pdfs anyway
play around with it

might want to make sure your file is in a folder, otherwise you will have a bunch of pdfs on your desktop!

DigiCorn

Quote from: Tracy on January 24, 2019, 12:26:19 PMIf your trying to make them all 2pg pdfs, In Acrobat you can select Split, Under window/split
it will then ask how many pages you want to split them into, I think the default is 2
before you click on split there is an output options button that can put an underscore and a label after each pdf
I usually let the underscore stay and delete where it says Part, It will number the pdfs anyway
play around with it

might want to make sure your file is in a folder, otherwise you will have a bunch of pdfs on your desktop!
agreed

DC view:

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Chuckls

Sorry, I wrote the post like a CSR writing Job instructions, I forgot to mention there are some single pages as well.

Tracy

how are you deciphering the 1 pg and 2 pg in the 2500pg pdf?

Chuckls

Each Person gets either a single sided 1 page or 2 single sided pages. So, the 1st 100 or so maybe 1 single sided page and then the next 20 are the 2 single sided pages, they are very random. They do have a page numbers.

Tracy

That's a tough one, don't think any program could help you split that up
Get a cup of coffee and starting clicking away!
you could add blanks for the 1 sided pretty quickly I think, and then once you got the 1 & 2 pg files split up
remove the blanks in pitstop, sorry got no answer, but welcome Chuckls!

altho since it has page numbers maybe what Scott posted would work?

DigiCorn

I just ran a few ideas, but none worked. There's no easy way to do this. You could open up the sidebar, and manually drag out the single pages (one at a time, or as a group) but you'd have to manually delete them afterwards and rename the files on your desktop as you drag them out one at a time (or else they overwrite each other), and then split the group afterwards.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Chuckls

Thanks for your help! I'll try what Scott suggested. If or when  I find an answer I'll update this post.

Joe

Quote from: DCurry on January 24, 2019, 12:17:52 PMI'm confused - if you already manually extracted the 3 and 4 pagers, aren't you just left with the 2 pagers?

Unless they clicked the box to delete those extracted pages when extracting then they would still be in there.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Quote from: Chuckls on January 24, 2019, 01:49:48 PMThanks for your help! I'll try what Scott suggested. If or when  I find an answer I'll update this post.

Be sure and send the person a thank you that sent it to you this way for making it as difficult for you as possible and that you love a challenge! :sarcasm:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Kermy812

I believe this would work for you.  If your set of 1, 2, 3 or 4 pdf's have the same code and in the same position, then it would save each as it's own pdf. No expert on this, just got this myself...
http://www.a-pdf.com/content-splitter/index.htm

you might be able to do the tag to bookmark to spit shown here too depending on your pdf:
https://www.b4print.com/index.php?topic=9611.0