PitStop 2018 just announced. Ships in April

Started by abc, March 06, 2018, 06:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

I emailed him last week and again this morning but haven't heard back from him. It appears he is still on Facebook.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

Got my new key yesterday, haven't installed, too busy right now.

pabney

As I needed some of the new functions for a file today, I went ahead and installed the demo copy. Sure hope I get my new keys before it runs out, or I may be in a world of hurt.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change resellers? I can't say I am happy with the one I have not even answering my emails at all.

Joe

I sent him a message on Facebook last night and he said he would check with the distributor this morning.

Fat Boy Tim

Yes. You can change resellers but you must do it in more than ten days in advance of the end of your maintenance contract.

Approach a new reseller of your choice and they will guide you through the process.

I'm with you... I'm not getting the service so I am moving on.

frailer

Quote from: pabney on May 02, 2018, 08:17:41 AMAs I needed some of the new functions for a file today, I went ahead and installed the demo copy. Sure hope I get my new keys before it runs out, or I may be in a world of hurt.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change resellers? I can't say I am happy with the one I have not even answering my emails at all.

Our ones here in OZ were pretty ordinary.

wasn't until someone different there got in on the emails and suddenly it was all happening.   :rolleyes:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: abc on April 24, 2018, 07:27:05 AMIf you have a current maintenance contract then you should have been sent a new license key for 2018 already Joe.
You'll need that installed and running before upgrading to 2018.
The 2018 key runs 2017 and 2018 so it makes it easier.

Started to get frustrated. Why do I not have my product key yet???? Enfocus or the reseller or the distributor?

abc

Will chase for you Joe and find out.
Can you PM me the company details/email etc.

As far as I am aware we (Enfocus) sent all keys out 14 days before the release, but I'll check back and find out what's happening.

Joe

Quote from: abc on May 03, 2018, 10:46:41 AMWill chase for you Joe and find out.

As far as I am aware we (Enfocus) sent all keys out 14 days before the release, but I'll check back and find out what's happening.

I can call off the hounds. I got the product key a few minutes ago.

frailer

Quote from: Joe on May 03, 2018, 01:10:22 PM
Quote from: abc on May 03, 2018, 10:46:41 AMWill chase for you Joe and find out.

You're being watched...
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

Quote from: frailer on May 04, 2018, 05:22:43 AM
Quote from: Joe on May 03, 2018, 01:10:22 PM

You're being watched...

:peep:

Slappy

Had a thought for my fellow XMF users: How do we update the built-in version of Pitstop, or is it just using some other integration for Actions internally and doesn't need updating? Also curious if I update the local version of Pitstop, will Actions made in the 2018 Version work within XMF?
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

frailer

This might be one for abc to pick up...

abc

Fuji will need to update XMF as the PitStop Library SDK is built into XMF itself.
The only issue you would have using PitStop 2018 created Action Lists in XMF, is if you use the newer functionality that is in 2018, but not in the XMF verison.
Using Action List Visualizer is ok as that is tool to create Action Lists, it's not part of the Action List itself.

Also be aware that the Barcodes and newer Pantone Actions won't work in XMF due to licensing limitations.

Does that all make sense?

frailer

Question...\

We edge closer to actually hooking into PSP 2018 Maint. We have to sheets printed out, dated Nov 2017. We have not activated PSP as we had ongoing (ridiculous) issue with running the 2 Adobe seats we needed before we could kick off and move from PSP 12.

Once we have run the trial versions of 2018 (DMG has been downloaded), do we activate from the license keys on the sheets, or do we need new ones?

Bear in mind, PSP 12 is on 2 iMacs which will be decommissioned. The Adobe DC installs are on 2 *new* iMacs. This may affect the ease with which we do this (Joe's bravely suggested it might...  :laugh: )

I'll need to deactivate PSP 12 on the old iMacs, I guess, before we activate, (I think this was touched on earlier).

Been so long, I need to reassure myself on the Enfocus ID on each machine...been years, literally.

Thanks, in advance...