News:

Main Menu

InDesign 5.5

Started by frailer, May 20, 2011, 06:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

It's been mentioned here somewhere... but has anyone received a 5.5? And not been able to open it?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

David

haven't received one yet, but I have the 5.5 Master collection so it's not an issue. If anyone need a conversion (back save), let me know.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

Vicky

Just wondering if anyone has jumped into Creative Suite 5.5 yet and how its going. :undecided:

David

got it (Master Collection), and use it on occasion. No problems ...  yet.

anything specific you need to know?

oh, and Welcome to the Forums Vicky.

in case you haven't noticed, we are all 12 years old here and tend to have a bit of fun.
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Don't scare her away so quickly! A female member is a rare thing around these parts.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

you're the one scaring them away, I just try to get them drunk     :tongue:
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

There may be a sober prepresser, you know. Somewhere...

I don't know where...  :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

point them out, I'll fix that!

where did I leave my shaker?
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

It's on my back patio.  :embarrassed:

Vicky

Does anyone have opinions on the new features?

This forum has the best smileys! :hello:

gnubler

Quote from: Vicky on June 14, 2011, 09:17:23 PMDoes anyone have opinions on the new features?

Yeah, they're more nails in the printing coffin.  :death:

Joe

Quote from: Vicky on June 14, 2011, 09:17:23 PMDoes anyone have opinions on the new features?

This forum has the best smileys! :hello:

Well thanks, we try to stock only the best smileys.  :laugh:

I haven't been blessed with the 5.5 update but I'm sure you will get some feedback from others.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

I had a Preview copy  (I am an Adobe Ambassador) of the 5.5 master collection. It has some good stuff, but not enough for me to want to go out and buy it. I already have CS5, so for me there wasn't too much more than what I already have. Some of the apps didn't get upgrades, they were just re-released with a 5.1 version ID.

What suite do you have Vicky?
oh, and Welcome to the forums.
Livin' la Vida Loca

Syphon

I have no plans to update to 5.5, I will wait to 6.0.

But here is what I know (or have read). No, you can not open a 5.5 file in 5.0. You have to export the file to a .idml and then open in 5.0. But there can be text reflow issues.
As for the new features, they are great if you are into creating a interactive digital publication for iPads. But don't get me started on Adobe Digital Publishing Suite.

IMO, its not worth upgrading, save your money for 6.0.
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat