End of another era...

Started by Possum, September 10, 2014, 01:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Possum

Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

DCurry

Sucks to see any printed publication go away. I'm partly to blame, I'm sure - my subscription just ran out and I didn't re-up because the magazine became much, much more about iPhone and iPad in recent years.

Maybe if I had either of those devices I might have found more interesting content. (It's not that I don't want them - just can't afford them!)
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Possum

It amazes me to see people in the grocery store with their food stamp EBT card, talking on an iPhone. Naw, take that back, stuff like that doesn't amaze me anymore, I've seen it too much.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

born2print

I saw a homeless guy wearing Beats earphones the other day.
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Farabomb

Yup, the latest and greatest iPhone too. Driving a 2 year old car while I'm on a 4 year old phone, no debt to speak of, driving a 14 year old car and living within my means. They need help alright but it shouldn't be coming from the taxpayers. You need help, a job? Fine we will help you but you have to go and clean up a park, roadside or whatever. You shouldn't be leeching off the government playing xbox all day while I'm out working and paying taxes to support you.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Quote from: born2print on September 10, 2014, 02:20:47 PMI saw a homeless guy wearing Beats earphones the other day.
I saw Crazy Eyes walk past my shop the other day. She glared at me too. I was terrified.

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigitalCrapShoveler

I agree with Dan. It's all his fault.
Member #285 - Civilian