Cranky Source Docs

Started by frailer, May 02, 2008, 08:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Want to replace a Source Doc PDF page. Trouble is, have already Trashed the earlier one. When I "Add" the new replacement page, it wants to know where the orig page is, even though the newie has a different file name. I answer, "No", not interested in the whereabouts of the old one. But Dyna won't let me bring in the new one, until I've put out an APB and arrested the old one... thrown it back in the clinck   :police:   :huh:

Solution: either retrieve from Trash the oldie and place back in folder; or, remove all and bring in all new Source Docs. Not a big deal..but.. :undecided:  Or, don't remove unwanted Source PDFs until you've finished the job; illogical IMO.

..just a Dyna quirk, or me?

er...any Dyna users There...There...There.... :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

beermonster

no - not here - just a post whore on a slow friday afternoon :police:
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

frailer

'soky, beer. Any reply appreciated. I suspect that PREPS may ask a similar question, but when answered in the negative, let's you continue. May resort to asking a question to Dyna on this.   :rolleyes:  Just seems like a crazy restriction to me. But it could also be something I'm doing/not doing.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

Quote from: frailer on May 02, 2008, 03:35:20 PM'soky, beer. Any reply appreciated. I suspect that PREPS may ask a similar question, but when answered in the negative, let's you continue. May resort to asking a question to Dyna on this.   :rolleyes:  Just seems like a crazy restriction to me. But it could also be something I'm doing/not doing.

Nope, Preps does not ask for the original when you try to place a new file. Preps just doesn't care where the old one went. :grin:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Quote from: Joe  on May 02, 2008, 04:36:42 PM
Quote from: frailer on May 02, 2008, 03:35:20 PM'soky, beer. Any reply appreciated. I suspect that PREPS may ask a similar question, but when answered in the negative, let's you continue. May resort to asking a question to Dyna on this.   :rolleyes:  Just seems like a crazy restriction to me. But it could also be something I'm doing/not doing.

Nope, Preps does not ask for the original when you try to place a new file. Preps just doesn't care where the old one went. :grin:

:shrug:

doubting_thomas

Crap week you're having, frailer. For what it's worth...

I'm drinking doubles tonight for ya. Next week = new leaf. I hope at least. My week's been a fool's errand.

frailer

Seems maybe you gotta flick the old one from the Source List/Run List first. Then it isn't looking for it. Shall test further.

frailer

LOL, I got this warning before posting...

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.           :laugh:

For the other 2 Dyna users out there, plus anyone on a new learning curve, I have now adopted standard procedure for replacing pages.

-delete page to be flicked, from Run List.
-add, with "Options", to desired page: i.e. choose that page number, which you would do anyway. All back to square 1.

I didn't realise Bat Masterson had a job as as a developer at Dynagram, in a previous life. Dynastrip can sometime "shuffle" files in the Run List, if you rely on it to get rid of the page automatically, rather than deleting.
Hope this makes sense...but then what in Dyna does... :huh: