Working from Home / Coronavirus

Started by StudioMonkey, March 20, 2020, 05:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Relax. It's just printing. Work at your own pace and what gets done gets done. The other stuff can wait in line.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on April 21, 2020, 04:38:02 PM
Relax. It's just printing. Work at your own pace and what gets done gets done. The other stuff can wait in line.
ha!

you're new here, aren't you?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

No just smart enough to know stressing yourself out isn't worth it. You know what a company does if a worker dies from stress? They hire another sucker.

Designia(o_O)

Quote from: Joe on April 21, 2020, 10:29:16 PM
No just smart enough to know stressing yourself out isn't worth it. You know what a company does if a worker dies from stress? They hire another sucker.

100% truth.

pspdfppdfxhd

In my case the might need 2 suckers.

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on April 22, 2020, 07:38:44 AM

In my case the might need 2 suckers.

No they would hire one at half price of what you cost and blame it on that guy for being stupid. And also blame your dead body for not making it simple enough for any moron to understand how to do it.

C2V

Was off for 2 weeks late March out of precaution (Wife works at a Hospital and her direct supervisor (a doctor) travelled and was ordered to stay home, 3 days after coming into work and supervising her and her staff...) so she was ordered off and since we live in the same house so was I.

Went out shopping a few times for essentials and people are morons. They cannot follow simple instructions or GIANT red arrows and do not know what 6 feet is.
To the lady coughing all over the frozen food isle without a mask or covering your mouth with your sleeve... your a gem. Die in a fire.

We are deemed Essential as we do food packaging (among other things)
Came back to 96+ jobs waiting all with a dead line of May 1 to May 6.  ( I am the only prepress person, my co-worker does inks and plates and layouts/impositions)
All the jobs are complex, clipping paths needed on every damn image so Esko can trap the images to the Pantone background or total dumpster fires which need a ton of re-work in order to be salvageable.
Every 3 jobs out 5 more come in... S.O.S    :)

Working OT most nights just to keep up and keep the 2 presses fed. (for free, Im Salary)

At least the traffic is decent [1 hour 20min commute (each way) trimmed to 50mins]
Gas is cheap too!

Stay Safe and Healthy out there.
Thank God It's Friday.
Time for Whisky!

DigiCorn

Trump says you should inject disinfectant to stay safe.

:facepalm:

Reminds me of Merv Griffin in the Man with Two Brains
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

pspdfppdfxhd

I just can't believe what comes out of the "donalds" mouth. Pinch me, i think i am dreaming.

Slappy

Quote from: DigiCorn on April 24, 2020, 04:03:00 PM
Drumpf says you should inject disinfectant to stay safe.
Well, that's how they fight cancer, according to the Drumpftards on BookFace, so he really smart!

<fast forward 12 hours>
Not so fast, he said he was being sarcastic!

<fast forward another 12 hours>
Wait, no he said he was pulling a prank!

:shoots_self:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Skryber

Quote from: Slappy on April 25, 2020, 04:32:56 PM
Well, that's how they fight cancer, according to the Drumpftards on BookFace, so he really smart!

<fast forward 12 hours>

The tards are the ones that believe the media that translated to that.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Designia(o_O)

Quote from: Skryber on April 27, 2020, 07:23:05 AM

<fast forward 12 hours>

Translated this direct quote?
"I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that,"

Skryber

Quote from: Designia(o_O) on April 27, 2020, 08:40:38 AM
Quote from: Skryber on April 27, 2020, 07:23:05 AM

<fast forward 12 hours>

Translated this direct quote?
"I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that,"

He's not talking about injecting disinfectant into your body. NANCY PELOSI said Trump is telling Americans to inject Lysol into their lungs. Is that at all what he said? He's talking about is there may be a way to kill the virus in a similar way that disinfectants do. If you actually translate that to "Americans should inject disinfectants into their body," there's no hope for you.

Dems are GRASPING! And it's entertaining.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

DigiCorn

QuoteTrump, April 23: A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you're totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn't been checked, but you're going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you're going to test that too. Sounds interesting, right? And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So that you're going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we'll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That's pretty powerful.

Here, Bryan responded to a reporter's question about injecting a cleaner into the body, and Trump backtracked on his previous speculation about an "injection":

ALL I said was Trump said we should inject disinfectant. I got the quote wrong. My bad
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Designia(o_O)

He's not talking about injecting disinfectant into your body.

"And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside "

Yea, yea he is. He's that fucking stupid.