Prinergy 5.3 Hot Folder Question

Started by JenMoorePM, May 07, 2015, 12:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JenMoorePM

I have several jobs that all use a hot folder that is tied to the exact same process refine and when I drop the same file in all three two come out ok and the other has become very muted.  I'm stumped as to why they would be output differently when they use the exact same refine.  Any suggestions?

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gig0

Long shot but, check the colors in question to see if they have LAB alternate color space (Pantone+) and see if it matches the other files that are OK (pre-refine). If it's different, modify your refiner to ignore the color recipe for the file.
Prinergy Evo <option 8> Colorproof XF <option 8> Epson 7800's (shut up) <option 8> Screen Platerite 4200 & Lotem 400  <option 8> Various Konica & OCE digital printers

Farabomb

That's a pretty good idea. I've seen designers use many different versions of the "same" (C, U, CV) spot color then have different breakdowns (RGB, LAB, CMYK) of the same colors. Since most don't know about ink manager or even care to output the PDF as 4c instead of a 25 color 4c+ spot job.

I've also had to create a special color library just for the pantone + colors in prinergy. I know it automatically resolves most C, CV, U issues to one breakdown but it's possible it's missing the newer ones.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

I dunno...it's the same file dropped on the hot folders that all use the same process template so there is no logical explanation why one would come out different.

Farabomb

Printing and logic do not belong together but I understand your point.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gig0

I guess I misunderstood. I read it as three files and two were ok but one was weak. I guess we would need to see the file in question and what the differences are in the process template.
Prinergy Evo <option 8> Colorproof XF <option 8> Epson 7800's (shut up) <option 8> Screen Platerite 4200 & Lotem 400  <option 8> Various Konica & OCE digital printers

Joe

Same files. Same process templates. Just different hot folders. At least that is the way I am reading it there. Makes no sense if that is the case.

gig0

Then the only variable here is the process template settings. Something in the process template that's attached to the hotfolder doesn't match the other hotfolders.