News:

Main Menu

Colorpath verify

Started by prepress2, September 15, 2015, 08:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prepress2

I'm wondering if anyone is using this service from Fuji and what your experience has been like.

Currently our shop is shooting pdfs from XMF to Oris Color Tuner V5.3 for proofing on an Epson 7800. Printer is getting tired and Oris chokes on Pantone+ libraries, not to mention it's archaic. Time to upgrade imo.

Diddler

Quote from: prepress2 on September 15, 2015, 08:55:56 AMI'm wondering if anyone is using this service from Fuji and what your experience has been like.

Currently our shop is shooting pdfs from XMF to Oris Color Tuner V5.3 for proofing on an Epson 7800. Printer is getting tired and Oris chokes on Pantone+ libraries, not to mention it's archaic. Time to upgrade imo.
We are looking to install (big boss takes a lot of time to make final decision) it across our companies for colour management for Digitals, wide format, presses etc . . . From what I have seen it will suit us perfectly as we are not all under the same roof.  
If you are only looking for a smaller setup dollar wise, I would recommend Serendipty Blackmagic which we currently run but have outgrown. It has suited us perfectly for colour to our Epson's.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

prepress2

Thanks for the input Diddler. Blackmagic sure looks interesting and more user friendly than EFI or even Oris offerings.

Diddler

Well the powers to be have finally made the decision to purchase Colourpath. Install should be happening within a week or two. I shall report back with thoughts when I get my hands on it.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!