Remove crops that are touching the bleed area

Started by Slappy, April 02, 2018, 01:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

I'd imagine with enough time & patience (I have neither at the moment) I could modify the Remove Printer Marks script, but has anybody already done that for asshole clients that make crop PDFs with the marks touching the image area??  :banghead:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Tracy

Have you tried Pitstop Global change clean up trim area?
I use that to delete marks and then I use the design layout panel to add crops, altho you can add marks there too.
I have the one that Curry created (design layout) I think I modified
It works with the trim box, so the trim box has to be right first.

Joe

Usually you can triple click one mark and it will then select all fo them. Then delete. You will need to do this twice. Once for the black crop and once for the white crop.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

Here is the design layout action to add crops 1/8 away from bleed box
 I meant trim box
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v29ffdzfu0vcu7v/Page%20Boxes_Crops.edl?dl=0

Slappy

Quote from: Joe on April 02, 2018, 01:24:22 PMUsually you can triple click one mark and it will then select all fo them. Then delete. You will need to do this twice. Once for the black crop and once for the white crop.
So, 4 marks x 2 sides x 12 files...  :shoots_self:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Slappy

Quote from: Tracy on April 02, 2018, 01:27:04 PMHere is the design layout action to add crops 1/8 away from bleed box

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v29ffdzfu0vcu7v/Page%20Boxes_Crops.edl?dl=0
Where do I import that? Pitstop doesn't recognize it.  :-\

oops, found it! New stuff to learn - yay!!  :banana:

Joe

Quote from: Slappy on April 02, 2018, 01:31:07 PM
Quote from: Joe on April 02, 2018, 01:24:22 PMUsually you can triple click one mark and it will then select all fo them. Then delete. You will need to do this twice. Once for the black crop and once for the white crop.
So, 4 marks x 2 sides x 12 files...  :shoots_self:

Well the 4 marks would all get selected by the triple click so it would be two triple clicks for each page.

Tracy

It's the Design Layout Panel
Works like a champ
You want to remove your marks with the global change cleanup trim
you can add the marks there too, I can't remember why I don't add my marks there anymore.
I don't add marks back in with cleanup trim area global because it puts the marks 1/16 away from trim box.
yeah, I'm that tedious  :laugh:

Slappy

scottrsimons

I use a droplet for Adobe Acrobat to remove all printer marks. I have attached my droplet to this post if anyone wants it.

It's so frustrating that people put crop marks in the bleed area. Why...why...why...  :git off mah lawn:
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Joe

Tracy

Thanks Scott!
I didn't know about that triple click Joe! Thanks!

Farabomb

The triple click scares me as it looks like it's grabbing more than just the crops. I fully expected it to delete another element like something in the background that I'd miss and get blamed for later.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on April 03, 2018, 06:53:29 AMThe triple click scares me as it looks like it's grabbing more than just the crops. I fully expected it to delete another element like something in the background that I'd miss and get blamed for later.

I use it quite a bit. I like living on the edge. :evil:

DigiCorn

...and if you don't have PitStop, you can fix it with a pre-flight fixup in Acrobat DC
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway