News:

Main Menu

Pagination Mode

Started by Tracy, September 14, 2016, 03:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nordeuk@hotmail.com

Quote from: Lyzan on September 18, 2017, 06:09:43 AMThere's a button somewhere that you can check which is written like [Hold before output]. When you restore an archive file, before releasing the workflow items for re-processing, make sure that this check box is checked.

'Hold before output'  found under the device settings.    Yes, this is checked.  We even replaced the entire tab on retrieved jobs and they still randomly autoplate.

Diddler

Quote from: nordeuk@hotmail.com on September 25, 2017, 05:46:44 AM
Quote from: Lyzan on September 18, 2017, 06:09:43 AMThere's a button somewhere that you can check which is written like [Hold before output]. When you restore an archive file, before releasing the workflow items for re-processing, make sure that this check box is checked.

'Hold before output'  found under the device settings.    Yes, this is checked.  We even replaced the entire tab on retrieved jobs and they still randomly autoplate.

Try looking in Page Prep Preferences and see if Auto Flow and Auto Complete jobs is on? 
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

frailer

Yeah...good tips.

I got stung yesterday by a bad combo of Creep Adjustment, along with a front cover needing to be changed from W&T to Sheet (roller marks on press). It should have ONLY asked me to re-render the first section, but it signalled a re-render of the lot, Shoulda smelled a rat there and then, but nup... It changed the creep adjustment cos I'd not checked "Use Default Creep' on the newly jigged cover section. We were only part way through plating the text...oh, and a plate fail/replate required in the middle of it. 
Was like unravelling a cryptic puzzle.

I *think* it'll bind OK, (made a full mock up from printed sheets), but wont be happy until it's bound and nobody walks in with *that* look on their face.   :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

I think you should be fine if it was the cover.
I've seen XMF re render sheets you wouldn't think it would.

Lyzan

Quote from: frailer on September 27, 2017, 06:14:37 PMYeah...good tips.

I got stung yesterday by a bad combo of Creep Adjustment, along with a front cover needing to be changed from W&T to Sheet (roller marks on press). It should have ONLY asked me to re-render the first section, but it signalled a re-render of the lot, Shoulda smelled a rat there and then, but nup... It changed the creep adjustment cos I'd not checked "Use Default Creep' on the newly jigged cover section. We were only part way through plating the text...oh, and a plate fail/replate required in the middle of it.
Was like unravelling a cryptic puzzle.

I *think* it'll bind OK, (made a full mock up from printed sheets), but wont be happy until it's bound and nobody walks in with *that* look on their face.   :undecided:

XMF did not prompt you of choices which signatures you want to re-render? A job completed and then edited will make XMF ask you which signature you want to re-render.

Lyzan

Quote from: Diddler on September 26, 2017, 08:47:43 PM
Quote from: nordeuk@hotmail.com on September 25, 2017, 05:46:44 AM

Try looking in Page Prep Preferences and see if Auto Flow and Auto Complete jobs is on?

You are not outputting via TIFF Export? I am not sure about this but I think XMF archiver remembers the last settings and actions done with the job. I can only suggest a workaround, Put your platesetter offline when restoring from XMF archive. Also how did you setup your platesetter? Did you install the platesetter with separate workstations using XMF slave installation?  Also, I will assume that the archive jobs did not include the render files which by the way is the right strategy.  And I think, Fujifilm has a very good support. You can raise this issue to them.

//Lyzan

Lyzan

Okay here is a better solution when restoring archive jobs.

Abort plates in your queue manager after restoring a job. Do not release it, abort it instead.

Also try to un-check [Job resources] in your archiver settings. Then test the archiver. Archive a job and restore it. Then check the effects in our restored job.

//Lyzan