Main Menu

Pantone

Started by Tracy, March 10, 2023, 02:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

I don't know anything about it but there is a free version of connect

pspdfppdfxhd

Slappy

Quote from: Tracy on March 13, 2023, 01:29:50 PMI don't know anything about it but there is a free version of connect
I don't think it supports the (necessary) Coated & Uncoated libraries though. I'd check, but I can't even GET to the description of the versions on the Pantone™ site without providing an email. Assholes.  >:(
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

DigiCorn

Quote from: swampymarsh on March 13, 2023, 05:48:22 AMIf the spot colour is linked to a ACB that isn't installed, then the colour will be visualised as black. It will still separate correctly and be picked up by a spot colour replacement lookup table correctly in other software if the name matches... But in Adobe CC software such as InDesign, Illustrator it will be black! In Photoshop, if the linked spot colour is using one of the legacy colour book files that have been removed, the colour will be displayed correctly as it was defined in that historical point in time.

In all cases, all one needs to do is break the link the old library file by defining the spot colour values in Lab, RGB or CMYK values rather than using the linked color book values.

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2022/12/photoshop-2022-pantone-color-book.html
What a bunch of bullshit. What happens to libraries created in Pitstop?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Pitstop is still licensing the libraries and they are still there.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

I'm sure your right slappy, here is the link anyway
https://creativepro.com/how-to-add-swatches-with-the-free-version-of-pantone-connect/

I am not happy with the Connect at all, I may try adding the old swatches, I saved all that info and I saved my swatches.
maybe I just need to get use to it, but I don't like change, not that big of one anyway. sheesh

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on March 14, 2023, 07:12:11 AMI'm sure your right slappy, here is the link anyway
https://creativepro.com/how-to-add-swatches-with-the-free-version-of-pantone-connect/

I am not happy with the Connect at all, I may try adding the old swatches, I saved all that info and I saved my swatches.
maybe I just need to get use to it, but I don't like change, not that big of one anyway. sheesh
The problem with using the old ones is they will not get updated as Pantone updates their libraries. At best it is a short term solution.

Tracy

I was thinking of using both, possible?

Joe

Not sure. Try and see if it works.

Tracy

;D  you first! oh wait a minute

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on March 14, 2023, 10:36:52 AM;D  you first! oh wait a minute
Nice try with trying to reel me back in like a big fish!

Tracy

;D  I may try and see if I can't get use to it.

I was so mad yesterday when I first opened it, I said the F word

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on March 14, 2023, 12:01:11 PM;D  I may try and see if I can't get use to it.

I was so mad yesterday when I first opened it, I said the F word
Fire truck?

Tracy

;D  yeah that was it!

Possum

A co worker told me about her three year old at a straight laced family reunion. The kid said the F word. Seeing the shocked faces his mother said "Fork! He was asking for a fork."

Then there was the trip to KFC. The kid called it F***y Fried Chicken.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.