News:

Main Menu

Any other users?

Started by frailer, September 26, 2009, 04:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

We are 16 hours out from you, and I've only just re-connected here at home Saturday, with old (flaky) modem.

"Globby" ? Do mean fattened up from (over)trapping? There should be settings for degree of trap. At home I can't get in there and look. Also, try turning trapping off altogether. That's my Step#1...then other stuff. Shall look in as I can, 'net connection permitting.

Good luck
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

impodave

Hey....

Could you give me some advice on trap and overprint advice with XMF ???

We were running .003 trap using the Esko flow.  The default in XMF I think is .002.

What I'm more concerned are the rest of the trapping and overprint and where they ought to be.

BTB, turning off the trap on that one job fixed the problem with the proof output - I guess maybe XMF was trapping the trap, but how can that be if the checkbox to ignore doc trap was checked ???

Well, at least I'm sending jobs to plate now - I need to go back and review my initial marks settings and change some of them - before I get too many sheet templates saved....

Later...
<<<<<< Here's my Grandkids once again -- they're growing up way too fast !!    Fuji XMF V6.8.2 Complete, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Epson 7900/EFI XF V4.0, Fuji Dart 4300E, Komori L528 5 color, Komori L429P 4 color,  Heidelberg PM46 2 color, Ricoh, Kyocera, Xante Impressia and a shop full of finishing stuff ...

frailer

Shall have to wait until back at work Monday before detailed look at what you're asking. Also not sure where you're trapping in your 'flow outside of XMF.
Yep, get your marks as you want before too many SSTs are made up. Shall post here later...Sunday, and I'm on espresso duty. Wife doin' muffins.
 :walker:

...espresso and muffins now under belt... :laugh:

Regarding Dynamic Marks, how are you going with those? I tend to turn a lot of them off, (green radio buttons). FWIW I tend to use the rightmost page trim option, (minimalist), but make them "all sides". They shouldn't fall inside job, assuming, but just check. This gets them onto spines and other places where you need them. I don't need/like all the extra Sig Mark options, but your needs may be different. I particularly like the Blind Folios ability. We use that a lot for numbering outside of trim.

On Custom Marks...very similar to Dyna. Getting into the swing of banging them up in Illy is a good thing. I just keep an Illy doc ready to go inside the Custom Marks folder, from where they're imported into XMF. Open, customise>Save As.
When you place them, you'll think you're in Dyna. You've got a 'live' mark ready to hover>click>(place). You can then adjust its position over on the right in the offset fields, but a lot of the time I manage to hit'em in place with the mouse, without further adjustment.

On that trapping thing, you'll just have to test and re-test, until you find what's happening. Yes, am guessing it should be ignoring trapping if it's set that way, but you may have to run that past your Fuji person with the specifics.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

frailer

I take it you've seen the Trap Width fields. I haven't had to fiddle with them much...hardly at all. If you've got 'ugly' type issues, could be you need to tweak them though.