Started by Tracy, February 08, 2022, 02:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

Is there a way to download cloud fonts?
we are doing some Business cards through a web portal
and they want the fonts, I packaged the files but the fonts did not package
not sure what to do with this.

seratne

Here's a bash script I've used that copies all CC activated fonts to a folder on your desktop:

#!/bin/bash
cp -R ~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/CoreSync/plugins/livetype/.r/ ~/Desktop/cc_fonts
cd ~/Desktop/cc_fonts/
for x in .*.otf; do mv $x `echo $x | fc-scan $x --format "%{postscriptname}\n" `.otf; done

You'd need to install fontconfig to get the nice file names. 

scottrsimons

Very interesting. I haven't read through the license agreement about doing this sort of thing.
But as we all know, we all have bent the rules over the years about fonts.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on February 08, 2022, 02:42:08 PMIs there a way to download cloud fonts?
we are doing some Business cards through a web portal
and they want the fonts, I packaged the files but the fonts did not package
not sure what to do with this.
You don't need to download the fonts to use on a website. You login to https://fonts.adobe.com with your CC account and select the font you want to use and then click the link for

</> Add to Web Project

You create a new web project which can be anything and then it will bring you to some code like this:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://use.typekit.net/ynp3dxa.css">
copy the above code into the <head> tag of your HTML.

Then to use this font on your website, use the following CSS for that particular font:

font-family: blenny, sans-serif;
font-style: normal;
font-weight: 900;

The first line of code that goes in the  <head> only needs to be added once in the site HTML. The CSS code will need to be added for each font you want to use.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Just to add that you have to have an Adobe CC account to do the above.

You can do the same method above to add Google fonts to your website and you only need to have a free Google account to use with their vast library of fonts.

DCurry

It would be handy to be able to download the fonts locally - we use a variable data program (HP Composer) that needs the fonts locally.

I tried seratne's script in Terminal. It created a folder on my desktop, but sadly it is empty (even though I have several fonts loaded via TypeKit.) I wonder if there's some magic trick I'm missing?
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

Click COMMAND+SHIFT+PERIOD key while in that folder. That will show hidden files if there are any in there. Any file that starts with a period is invisible. To make them visible get rid of the period at the front of the name.

The Adobe fonts are stored at Users/~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/plugins/livetype/

They are named with the .period at the front so do the COMMAND+SHIFT+PERIOD key while in there. They will be named with random numbers but if you google it you can see how to get the internal name of the font and copy and then rename the file (without the period).

(You may violating the Adobe TOS if you do this)

pabney

I was not going to post this, but since Adobe just pissed me off again, here is an applescript app that will download any loaded typekit fonts to a folder of your choice and rename them.

https://files.emprinting.com/_IN3owCctNBpNAR

Like Joe said you are probably violating the Adobe TOS if you use this.

Tracy

Hey thanks! 
ugh! I will try it!!  :))

DCurry

Ooh, nice. I will never use it. ;)
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Slappy

Is that Applescript still around, for um, research purposes?  :homer:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

pabney

Sorry about that, the link expired.

Try this one, should be good for about a couple weeks.

https://files.emprinting.com/_R40EY2A9ZBUNpR