Creative Cloud to stop including Pantone Libraries!!

Started by abc, December 08, 2021, 05:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Syphon

Quote from: Slappy on December 11, 2021, 08:20:43 PM
So, will we have to push clients to use Pantone Connect instead? I'm really not sure how designers or providers can use the Adobe products without integrated Pantone support.

Another question. How are freelance graphic designers like me who are on a budget gonna be able to afford it?
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat

Joe

Quote from: Syphon on January 20, 2022, 01:45:48 PM
Quote from: Slappy on December 11, 2021, 08:20:43 PM
So, will we have to push clients to use Pantone Connect instead? I'm really not sure how designers or providers can use the Adobe products without integrated Pantone support.

Another question. How are freelance graphic designers like me who are on a budget gonna be able to afford it?

Just another added cost for doing business. Just add an extra few bucks onto the cost of doing the job(s).

Upgrade to Premium in-app for just $7.99/mo OR save 62% by subscribing for a full year at $35.99*/yr. Deal ends Dec 31, 2021. Try Premium FREE for 30-days when you subscribe. Cancel anytime.
*Annual discounts apply to first year only. Renewals will be charged at $59.99. Prices subject to change.

Possum

Hey, no problem. It looks good on their screens, right. Pantone, Schmantone.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Foozball

Quote from: Joe on January 20, 2022, 02:01:30 PM
Quote from: Syphon on January 20, 2022, 01:45:48 PM
Quote from: Slappy on December 11, 2021, 08:20:43 PMSo, will we have to push clients to use Pantone Connect instead? I'm really not sure how designers or providers can use the Adobe products without integrated Pantone support.

I've read in other places you "could" save an image of the current version of this software, preserving the time when this is FREE ... not saying you should do this or condoning such actions, just telling you what I have read.

Tracy

quick question if you have multiple updates like:
photoshop 22.5.5 and there is a 23.1.1

will 23.11 cover everything or do I need to update the 22.55 and the 23.1.1?
didn't want to start a topic for this

Joe

That is because you have more than one version of Photoshop on your Mac. If you want all versions updated you have to do all updates for each version. Easiest solution is when you install a new version have it remove all older versions. Unless you need an older version I recommend doing it this way. And of course with Creative Cloud terms of service you are only allowed (legally) to keep the last two versions installed. Though I have never seen the Adobe Police show up at anyones door to enforce that.

Tracy

ok I do remove previous versions so I guess that answers my question
I just need the latest update
Thank you!

Tracy

Holy cow Photoshop's object selection tool is awesome!