Prepress Manager in Houston, Texas

Started by The Stevinator, March 03, 2008, 05:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Stevinator

Prepress Production Position

Purpose:

To manage all prepress responsibilities for a digital and conventional offset printing company in Houston, Texas.

Qualification Requirements:

At least four years digital prepress experience in a commercial offset lithography environment.

Software

Mac OSX and Windows XP experience required.

Working knowledge of QuarkXpress, Adobe Creative Suite 3, Microsoft Office, Flightcheck Professional, FontLab Studio, Extensis Suitecase, PDF workflows, and DAM (Digital Asset Management).

Experience with DirectSmile Creator Pro and Yours Truly Designer preferred.

Primary Job Functions:

• Preflight, File Intervention, Proof, Impose, Color Manage, and RIP documents to five different printing presses.
• Set up complex variable data merges for output on a HP Indigo 5000.
• Communicate effectively to ensure proper output of work, specifically in regards to postal regulations.
• Ensure new methods and equipment work properly with the overall printing process.

smetts@infovine.com
SJM

Edgar

Hello Steve!

Any job opportunity for me? I can change my residence there.

gnubler

Does this job mean you and I would be able to work side by side? I'll take it!  :kiss: We can go out for martinis after work every night!
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

ratintrap

gnubler

Sorry, I was blinded by love. Can you blame me?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

I don't think Edgar drinks Martinis anyway, he's a Margarita Man!

:cool:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Edgar

Martinis, vodka, margaritas, it's the same thing. Enjoying with friends it has no cost.

Any job opportunity?

David

are you looking now Edgar?
what happened down your way?

Are you thinking of coming north of the border to look for work?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Edgar

I'm just looking for better work environment and a better life quality for my family. My salary is on the top and there's no chance to grow.

My plan is to looking for work in Texas because I have the facility to get accomodation in the biggest texan cities.