'Drill-down' selection

Started by frailer, January 19, 2011, 10:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Had some time to look at online run-down of Illy CS5 new features. Figured this one might be worth flagging. Assuming you have the prefs radio button checked, Cmd+click allows successive selection in the stack. He mentioned in passing that this might be of interest to Freehand users, as it must have been in there all along. DCS?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

gnubler

Is that strictly CS5? Indy (and quark  :puke:) has a similar function - diff key commands, but handy.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

frailer

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

beermonster

nice tip - we like good tips :banana:

for the love of cheese i couldda swore illy had this a while back - i dunno :goodpost:
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

David

I like pie, and I coulda swore this was there in previous versions as well, but it's not.
I checked CS2, CS3, and CS4. In CS2, the whole pane is not there, but it is in CS3 & CS4, it just doesn't have that particular radio button.

go Adobe!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

tuff_gong

Pagemaker had it. One of the few advantages it had over quark, back in the day.
"Cops Nab Co-Eds in Pot Orgy"

Joe

Illustrator and InDesign CS3 and CS4 already had it with a keyboard shortcut but Illustrator didn't have the ability to drill down with the mouse. COMMAND+OPTION+[ will drill down to the objects below. In Indy there is COMMAND+click to drill down with the mouse.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Didn't make sense it was missing completely. Odd that it missed the mouse route...but had keyboard shortcuts.
I guess they're the same as the Indy ones, which eveyone's used to.
I gotta think twice whether I'm selecting, or moving. Option vs. Shift confusion can really get you pressing Cmd+Z pretty quickly.   :laugh: