Design and publish HTML websites without writing code

Started by Joe, August 16, 2011, 01:12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

I downloaded it yesterday, still reading the instructions.
So far, not much progress.
Also playing with Edge.
We'll see how "easy" it really is.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

I might try it out if I have some free time so I can make at least one negative comment about it.

Is Dreamweaver gone?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

gnubler

I use CMS scripts for 99% of the sites I create so I don't really see how Muse would help or interest me.

With easy to use systems like WordPress and Joomla, who would want to toil through building a static site? I don't think there is any serious commercial site out there that isn't database driven.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Same here but I just finished up a static site and it sucks. Never again.

gnubler

David

Quote from: gnubler on August 16, 2011, 09:44:48 AMI might try it out if I have some free time so I can make at least one negative comment about it.

Is Dreamweaver gone?

they call it "dreamweaver LITE"     :laugh:

QuoteGranted, the code Muse generates isn't going to win any awards, but in most cases, a designer's clients (and those clients' customers) aren't going to be too concerned if the end result is a super slick, magazine-like website that perfectly matches their signage and other print collateral.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

It actually wouldn't be too bad for a small site with 5 pages or less.

With the CMS scripts gnubler mentioned though they have already taken care of 99% of the suicide inducing madness of HTML/CSS design.

gnubler

QuoteGranted, the code Muse generates isn't going to win any awards, but in most cases, a designer's clients (and those clients' customers) aren't going to be too concerned if the end result is a super slick, magazine-like website that perfectly matches their signage and other print collateral.

Fcuk super slick. Ever heard of browser incompatibility, Adobe?  :banghead:

Just push the easy button, right?

Joe

Browser compatibility is a myth and Adobe didn't create that problem.

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on August 16, 2011, 11:42:07 AMBrowser compatibility is a myth and Adobe didn't create that problem.

Nope, but it's about to create some new ones.  :laugh:

I would pay $10 to see some doosh in a coffeeshop using Muse on his Macbook.

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on August 16, 2011, 11:54:36 AM
Quote from: Joe on August 16, 2011, 11:42:07 AMBrowser compatibility is a myth and Adobe didn't create that problem.

Nope, but it's about to create some new ones.  :laugh:

I would pay $10 to see some doosh in a coffeeshop using Muse on his Macbook.

Hmmmm...I don't have a Macbook. Can I borrow yours and 8 bucks for a cup of coffee?

gnubler

Depends™.

Do you use the word Kafkaesque on a regular basis? Do you wear black frame eyeglasses? Ironic 80s soda pop tshirts?

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on August 16, 2011, 12:24:52 PMDepends™.

Do you use the word Kafkaesque on a regular basis? Do you wear black frame eyeglasses? Ironic 80s soda pop tshirts?

No. No. No.