400% colour_how/why?

Started by frailer, March 13, 2012, 06:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimace

t-pat

Quote from: Earendil on March 14, 2012, 10:14:19 AMI had one the other day that had a big black to red gradient, out of Publisher. It was 100%x4 in the black part, which was the top half of the page with a steep transition to the red. In other words, there was at least 8.5x3" of 400%. I had trouble changing it because it saw it as a smooth shading object under some odd layering and wanted the client to resubmit. Boss said, "meh, let it go, it's running on the heatset so it won't be a problem".  :ohno: On one hand, I guess he is right that the heat will keep it from offsetting but still, lame. Made for an ugly, wavy sheet and the press did struggle with it.

how much did it shrink when it came out of the press?
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

frailer

Quote from: Greg_Firestone on March 14, 2012, 06:46:07 AMSince you posted the file on the forum, I guess we're ALL invited to the party.

I'll probably get there around 6:45. Bringing a cheese dip...

Greg

Yeah, trusting, hey. Pretty kitsch affair, by the looks, won't be crashing.; though the women would be in my age group. Perfect 'cradle snatch' zone, really.    :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.