This is interesting...

Started by Joe, October 10, 2013, 09:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

Hmm, I may have to check that out.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Skryber

My boss has been asking me for almost 3 years now to create a website. I keep saying no. A few days ago she told me I'm going to create a company website from home and she's going to pay me $300 to do it. :shoots_self:
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

David

all you need is a domain and a host, and quark...   :shoots_self:

oh, and some of this    :drunk3:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

and this.  :machinegun:

Prepare for many rounds of "it needs to pop more" and "it needs more feeling".
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Skryber on October 10, 2013, 11:08:45 AMMy boss has been asking me for almost 3 years now to create a website. I keep saying no. A few days ago she told me I'm going to create a company website from home and she's going to pay me $300 to do it. :shoots_self:

NO! No! No! That is way to cheap. Seriously!

Skryber

I don't want anything to do with it. I'm stressed as it is.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Joe

My minimum charge is $450 for a simple website with 5 pages. Anything more than that gets billed at $40 per hour. And those rates are pretty cheap.

gnubler

Wow Joe, you must be a kickass web designer!  :hello:

I charge about half that and still don't get any work. Mostly because I don't want it.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

I felt guilty at first but some hack place around here charges $850 for that so I thought I was being generous. :laugh:

And yeah, it isn't easy finding that kind of work now. Everyone thinks if they have a Facebook page they don't need a website. :hangme:

So now I am in two dying jobs. :shoots_self:

StudioMonkey

I'm not getting any web design work since Moonfruit and 1+1mywebsite started advertising.  Oh, except for this one guy who keeps asking if he can make changes to his website.  Er, no because I created that one for you but if you had used a template site like Moonfruit you can make all the changes you want.
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana