Adobe Cloud is on the Ground today....assholes...

Started by mwc, May 15, 2014, 12:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Ear

:facepalm: Corn, I was playing along, ya whoredo.

Those were popular in 7th grade, I think, but are still good. You call someone a dickfore and they reply "what's a dickfore"... kinda like I tried to do, but you dropped the ball, dipshit.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigiCorn

Quote from: Ear on July 25, 2014, 02:26:37 PM:facepalm: Corn, I was playing along, ya whoredo.

Those were popular in 7th grade, I think, but are still good. You call someone a dickfore and they reply "what's a dickfore"... kinda like I tried to do, but you dropped the ball, dipshit.
I know. I was avoiding the obvious.

Did you even click on the link? Not a rickroll, but it's not Urban Dictionary either.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

hotmetal

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 24, 2014, 09:11:27 AMIt's done, and looks like shit. Whatever, I get paid by the hour.

that's a pretty amazing thing of wonder, DCS

I was always the guy they handed jobs like that (but never quite like THAT) to, because they knew I'd do it clean and get it right the first time and make it look halfway decent, which no one else could come even close to. Luckily these didn't come along every day. As the years went by, I began muttering "I'm paid by the hour" and "leave it like that, no one cares anyway" and "fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck" and, finally, "I pity the fool!"

:mrt:
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: hotmetal on July 25, 2014, 05:01:52 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 24, 2014, 09:11:27 AMIt's done, and looks like shit. Whatever, I get paid by the hour.

that's a pretty amazing thing of wonder, DCS

I was always the guy they handed jobs like that (but never quite like THAT) to, because they knew I'd do it clean and get it right the first time and make it look halfway decent, which no one else could come even close to. Luckily these didn't come along every day. As the years went by, I began muttering "I'm paid by the hour" and "leave it like that, no one cares anyway" and "fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck" and, finally, "I pity the fool!"

:mrt:

It was a mess, but I got through it. At about page 14 I was pretty tired of chasing fonts in Word and fixing text wraps, but it looks okay. Customer had no changes and was very appreciative for the help. I threw my own little spin on it, design-wise. I've had a few of those this week... and a long week it's been.

Good to see you, my man. :hello:
Member #285 - Civilian

Farabomb

Looks like I paid the price for having Friday off.

Files for a crap job where I have to convert some shit .doc files into a working .idd file. First time took weeks, now I'm down to a few days but it still sucks. Fucking fonts never seem to work from year to year even if I collect them all. 
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Farabomb

It seems they removed 5 pages. Now I have to redo the whole thing since it's not a simple booklet.

Oh well, it'll keep me busy for a while. Better than sitting here bored.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian