Stupid Quark 12 File

Started by Slappy, August 11, 2016, 01:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Here we are again, who the fuck is still upgrading Quark??? Got a V12 file here and we're on V11 - any takers?
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

What is a ver. 12 file? Didn't it go from Quark 10 to Quark 2015? I do have Quark 2015 if you want me to try.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Slappy

Sorry, it's called Quark 2016 now.  :deadhorse:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

David

Quark 2020, it's the new wave...      :vomit:  :hangme:  :vomit:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Slappy

Crisis averted, client sending new (still shitty Quark) file. Phew, close call!!

born2print

Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

andyfest

Quark????? It still lives????? :lmao:
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

DigitalCrapShoveler

Guys, guys... Quark ain't going anywhere. If they still have 2% of the market share, they are gonna produce more versions looking for that old glory they used to dominate with.

I feel for them in a way. I remember if it wasn't Quark or Freehand, I HATED doing the job.
Member #285 - Civilian

Farabomb

I knew you were going to get your freehand into there somehow.  :rotf:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Farabomb on August 12, 2016, 07:58:15 AMI knew you were going to get your freehand into there somehow.  :rotf:

It was everyones Freehand. I just knew how to use it. :deadhorse:
Member #285 - Civilian

DPSprint

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on August 12, 2016, 09:03:20 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on August 12, 2016, 07:58:15 AMI knew you were going to get your freehand into there somehow.  :rotf:

sigh... the good old days of freehand

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: DPSprint on August 14, 2016, 06:59:14 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on August 12, 2016, 09:03:20 AM

sigh... the good old days of freehand

Oh shit, folks, we may have another Freehand fan! :banana:
Member #285 - Civilian

Possum

Now you'll just have to stay on here to reminisce.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Possum on August 15, 2016, 09:32:13 AMNow you'll just have to stay on here to reminisce.

I've forgotten more than I care to admit. Dude, I work with is an old Freehand user. First day, we bitched about Adobe for an hour straight. It was JUST like old times.
Member #285 - Civilian

pspdfppdfxhd

:drunk3: yes, i used to like quark more than pacemaker, uh i mean ragemaker, uh i mean pagemaker at one point... so was not a quick indesign convert at all. But what I really want to know is who the hell ever had to deal with freehand? Never seen one of those files in my 20 years in this gig.