News:

Main Menu

new press - CIP3 files?

Started by andyfest, April 19, 2018, 06:48:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyfest

It looks like the company is finally going to replace our old (circa 2000) Heidy CD102 with either a new Heidelberg CD106 or a new ManRoland. During the press demos, our press supervisor said he could see an image of the fully imposed layout on the press monitor screen. I'm not sure what was sent to the press to allow it to make up that image. Would it be the information derived from a CIP3 file, or would it be something else? All we provided Heidy/MR for the demo were imposed pdfs, and they put them thru their own RIP for plating.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Joe

Quote from: andyfest on April 19, 2018, 06:48:02 AMIt looks like the company is finally going to replace our old (circa 2000) Heidy CD102 with either a new Heidelberg CD106 or a new ManRoland. During the press demos, our press supervisor said he could see an image of the fully imposed layout on the press monitor screen. I'm not sure what was sent to the press to allow it to make up that image. Would it be the information derived from a CIP3 file, or would it be something else? All we provided Heidy/MR for the demo were imposed pdfs, and they put them thru their own RIP for plating.

Yes they are CIP3 files which contains a usually very low res image of the plate files though if you have the storage space and network bandwidth you can make them high res. The ManRoland people that set ours up recommended 15 dpi.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

johnny_jay

Quote from: Joe on April 19, 2018, 07:07:58 AMYes they are CIP3 files which contains a usually very low res image of the plate files though if you have the storage space and network bandwidth you can make them high res. The ManRoland people that set ours up recommended 15 dpi.

Manroland Web or Sheet Fed? On our Manroland Web they had us set up High rez and they are a pain.

We also have a custom Press Config file.

John
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

Joe

Our MR sheetfed uses low res. Our MR web has two color interfaces. One by MR and another by a 3rd party so we have to release two sets of CIP3 files for it. The 3rd party people wanted low res. MR wanted high res but not that high res.

andyfest

Quote from: Joe on April 19, 2018, 07:07:58 AM
Quote from: andyfest on April 19, 2018, 06:48:02 AMIt looks like the company is finally going to replace our old (circa 2000) Heidy CD102 with either a new Heidelberg CD106 or a new ManRoland. During the press demos, our press supervisor said he could see an image of the fully imposed layout on the press monitor screen. I'm not sure what was sent to the press to allow it to make up that image. Would it be the information derived from a CIP3 file, or would it be something else? All we provided Heidy/MR for the demo were imposed pdfs, and they put them thru their own RIP for plating.

Yes they are CIP3 files which contains a usually very low res image of the plate files though if you have the storage space and network bandwidth you can make them high res. The ManRoland people that set ours up recommended 15 dpi.
So that low-res image is contained in a normal CIP3 file generated from Nexus and passed to a normal Prinect server (if the press is a Heidy) at the press?

Joe

Yes we used to create CIP3 files from Nexus and in our case the CIP3 files were sent to a separate windows PC that had software (called Job Pilot) that would convert the CIP3 file into a file the press interface could read including the image. The ManRoland with Prinergy is pretty much the same way.

andyfest

Thanks for the feedback guys. It was pretty much what I had thought, but we haven't submitted CIP3 files for years.

johnny_jay

We send CIP3 data for 4 press, 3 Komoris and one Manroland. The Press install teams were always great to work with setting it all up.
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert