CWS template display

Started by DigiCorn, September 19, 2019, 11:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Right now, the templates display as icons. I know this can be changed to seeing just the text. I can't figure out how to change this! Anyone know?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

...well, one solution is to upgrade from 5.3 to 5.8...

this shop... FML...

what did i do to deserve working out here...

oh yeah  :hangme: :shoots_self:
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

jwheeler

Most of our computers are upgraded to CWS 6.X, but we have one PC that still has 5.8 and there is an icon in the lower left of the drop down window when you click on templates that looks like a bullet point list. Just click on that and it changed to text list mode.

Side note...since you're shop is so outdated, I'm guessing you have one of the old green USB dongles for impose/compose? If so, don't upgrade past 6.3 or else the dongle will stop working. The newer versions of CWS will only accept the serial numbers for imp/comp.

delooch

Quote from: jwheeler on September 27, 2019, 01:17:26 PM
Side note...since you're shop is so outdated, I'm guessing you have one of the old green USB dongles for impose/compose? If so, don't upgrade past 6.3 or else the dongle will stop working. The newer versions of CWS will only accept the serial numbers for imp/comp.

this is good to know, i upgraded my workstation with CWS6 but hesitated on the RIP as CWS6 doesnt like the old canon9075 that we still use.

I was going to do it anyway as i dont need fiery with the canon, but if i did my impose/compose would have been hosed also.

DigiCorn

Quote from: jwheeler on September 27, 2019, 01:17:26 PM
It's not really that. It's that there's a guy that runs the digital presses, and if I change the look of the CWS, his head will explode.   :blowup:
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway