Graphic Design/Newspaper Production - Las Cruces, NM

Started by gnubler, March 30, 2010, 01:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Position available immediately. Spread the word if you know someone in the area or someone willing to relocate to Las Cruces. LC is located about 50 miles from El Paso, TX and Mexico.

Job involves designing creative ads for a weekly newspaper as well as working on non-newspaper design projects. Required: general prepress knowledge, font management, proficient in Adobe CS, and able to work with Windows XP. Website experience a big plus, especially if familiar with Joomla and other CMS setups. Position is full time and requires working until 10PM on Tuesdays.

For more detailed info please PM me and I can put you in contact with the person doing the hiring.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Foozball

I actually wish I lived a little closer ... 1800 miles would be a hell of a commute!  :wink:

I'm currently a press assistant ... loading paper = :banghead::death:

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on March 30, 2010, 01:46:16 PMPosition available immediately. Spread the word if you know someone in the area or someone willing to relocate to Las Cruces. LC is located about 50 miles from El Paso, TX and Mexico.

Job involves designing creative ads for a weekly newspaper as well as working on non-newspaper design projects. Required: general prepress knowledge, font management, proficient in Adobe CS, and able to work with Windows XP. Website experience a big plus, especially if familiar with Joomla and other CMS setups. Position is full time and requires working until 10PM on Tuesdays.

For more detailed info please PM me and I can put you in contact with the person doing the hiring.

Those duties sounds really familiar of someone that posted here in the past. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Stiv

I'm kinda liking this one, except the last two requirements unless it really means testing drugs.

Manager for Digital Production Dept at Lithexcel in Albuquerque New   Mexico  URL http://www.lithexcel.com/
We are currently looking for a manager for our Digital Print   Production department. Candidates should be proficient in utilizing   Microsoft Office Suite, XMPIE full suite and Adobe CS4 Suite.
Successful   candidate must have a minimum of five years experience in the graphic   arts industry and a four year college education with a concentration in   Digital Graphic Arts.
Suprivsor/Management skills required to manage   production schedules, resources and up to 10 individuals. Excellent   benefits, EOE, Skill/Fit Testing and Drug testing required. 

gnubler

Skill/Fit testing? Never heard of that. For a prepress production job?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

hotmetal

Quote from: gnubler on March 30, 2010, 03:53:26 PMSkill/Fit testing? Never heard of that. For a prepress production job?

I'd love to be brought in on job interviews. At my last place I actually was. My test questions are quite simple. Like, oh, you know, er, say:  what do you like about Quark? How would you make a PDF from a Quark file? Was your mother frightened by Quark while you were in the womb?
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on March 30, 2010, 03:53:26 PMSkill/Fit testing? Never heard of that. For a prepress production job?

That means no fatties allowed. Seems like discrimination to me. :evil:

hotmetal

Everything changed when typesetters no longer needed the upper body strength to lift a magazine of matrices over their head to get the job.
Hunter S. Thompson

Stiv

youston

Quote from: Stiv on March 30, 2010, 03:28:52 PMI'm kinda liking this one, except the last two requirements unless it really means testing drugs.

Microsoft Office Suite, XMPIE full suite and Adobe CS4 Suite.

Sorry, cake lovers, you're outta luck!

Joe

Quote from: youston on March 30, 2010, 06:24:11 PM
Quote from: Stiv on March 30, 2010, 03:28:52 PMI'm kinda liking this one, except the last two requirements unless it really means testing drugs.

I was reading something about XMPIE the other day and all I could think of was the Cake/Pie thread. :laugh:

youston

Quote from: Joe on March 30, 2010, 06:25:59 PM

I was reading something about XMPIE the other day and all I could think of was the Cake/Pie thread. :laugh:

Lately, I've been getting a lot of XMPie in the face.  :cry:

Joe

Quote from: youston on March 30, 2010, 06:49:13 PM
Quote from: Joe on March 30, 2010, 06:25:59 PM

Lately, I've been getting a lot of XMPie in the face.  :cry:

So I'm guessing it's not as much fun as plain old pie in the face?

gnubler

hotmetal

:rainbow:
Hunter S. Thompson