Installing Module for ApogeeX on a Mac

Started by Glenn-PrePress, November 05, 2010, 12:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn-PrePress

Good afternoon.  I'm trying to calibrate our Epson Stylus Pro 7600 Proofer as it needs some color tweaking on uncoated stock when proofing our press-ready PDFs put through our Agfa ApogeeX PDF workflow.  I am sending files from Mac OS 10.4.11 via ApogeeX Client v1.21.48 to the ApogeeAXServer, which outputs to our Epson 7600 Inkjet proofer.

I know, I know ... we have an ancient ApogeeX.  That conversation is for another day.  For now, I need to work with what I've got.

My problem is this: the "Calibration Curves" module is not installed and I want to make sure I install just this module and not the entire program.  I don't want to lose whatever settings this program had; I just want to install this extra module.  Page 54 of the Installation Guide.pdf says to do this:

Step 1:  Make sure ApogeeX is running (which it was)
Step 2:  Insert ApogeeX DVD into DVD drive (which I did)
 * it then states that the ApogeeX System Installer will automatically start ... but it did not
Step 3:  Click Installation
 * since the Installer did not automatically start, I located and started the "Mac ApogeeX ClientInstaller".  After clicking it, I was able to install the entire program but not any of the individual modules like the Installation Guide said I could.
Step 4:  Click the "Custom Components" Modify Button
 *  as stated in the previous step, there was no such button and no option to install a component

I did install the complete ApogeeX Client on an external hard drive to see if it would give me the option to customize the installation ... but it automatically started the "Easy Installation" process without giving me the option to select which parts to install.

Any thoughts or ideas?  Thanks.

DCurry

It might not work on Mac. I've got Apogee 6, and I can only edit my press curves on a PC.

p.s. - Welcome aboard!
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!