12pg Impo got me like Huh??

Started by Slappy, December 18, 2017, 09:44:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

The bindery guy is convinced that sheetwise means we have ink almost all the way to the corners. We are using the sheet wise.

He's been printing for longer than I have and still doesn't know the differences in forms. Turn, tumble, whatever, it's all the same in his head. It's also never his fault but that's another story...
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

:laugh: We got a sheet wise again mang

born2print

Reminds me of a genius years ago, was doing film compositing using a turnis board (not sure how to spell that, but imagine manual step and repeat with pins on both ends) and he was rotating the film 180 between each exposure. When I questioned it he let me know the layout was...
ready for this?
WORK AND SWIRL
 :rotf:
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Joe

Quote from: born2print on December 19, 2017, 12:30:21 PMReminds me of a genius years ago, was doing film compositing using a turnis board (not sure how to spell that, but imagine manual step and repeat with pins on both ends) and he was rotating the film 180 between each exposure. When I questioned it he let me know the layout was...
ready for this?
WORK AND SWIRL

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

work & swirl

I did that once...

hurt like hell

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

One of our pressmen actually jokes about work and swirl layouts. Mainly to the bindery guy to keep him confused but that's really not a hard task.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

Ternes Board, I know it well, I remember stochastic being a huge problem on those.
remember the film cleaner? I use to use so much of it the Vendor use to say to me
Can a week, that's all we ask  :laugh:

Tracy

born2print

HA! Yes Tracy, thank you, and I was about to post an image of it and it's the same one you posted already  8)  8)
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

DigiCorn

I'm sure this topic has been solved, and we've all gone on to discuss other things (like why my kids are only getting toys this year with fewer than 5 pieces and don't make noise), but in a pinch, if it's not cooperating, create independent pages and hand number them to create a phony work and turn form in with a sheetwise template.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Slappy

Quote from: Tracy on December 18, 2017, 03:15:20 PMIn XMF it's more steps and you got to input your position
it really is a pain in the butt!! I guess cuz were spoiled :laugh:
Except when the Pressroom Mgr comes back with the job, like just happened, and needs the Cover W&T for some reason, then the Move Sheet to End is like freakin' unicorn magic to them!!

:lmao:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Tracy

Have you done Pagination Mode yet?

Slappy

Maybe? Have I? I'm not sure, do I start an impo differently to get into Pagination mode? I saw your earlier thread on it, but I wasn't using XMF at the time, I'll go back & see if it's familiar now.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Tracy

Diddler gave me some instructions with Screen shots I will find them and get them to you
I'm a little sick today but I will get it to you by next week for sure!

I'm so grateful for Diddler showing me this, you can use it for everything (which I don't)
but where it is the most useful is when you have different sheet sizes.
I'm pretty comfortable with it now. It's all about the Stripping sheet templates
being perfect before you start. I have a sets of Stripping sheet templates that just work
beautifully 
sheesh I'm a little delirious (sick) :laugh: