News:

Main Menu

Mouse issues

Started by Tracy, February 28, 2019, 08:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

Can someone post screen shots of their mouse settings? The ones in Accesibility.
When I go to rename a folder on the desktop, click - pause - click
It doesn't work sometimes, I'm noticing click wait 3 seconds click is working
and when a file is inside a folder, no problem click pause click works quickly, weird
I know all the other ways to rename but I like the click pause click.

I'm pretty sure it's my computer maybe the Mojave update,
but I've been messing with my mouse settings, so second guessing myself

Joe

This started for me in Sierra but is definitely worse in Mojave. For files on the desktop I just started doing COMMAND+I and renaming it in there. PITA!
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

scottrsimons

I rename by clicking on the file and then pressing the "enter" key, and type away, and hit "enter" again. I avoid using the mouse when I can. Or at least one hand on keyboard and one hand on mouse.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Joe

Tracy

Ok it's not me :laugh:
yes I know about the return key, guess I will have to get use to it, I'm such a creature of habit
don't go making me change things!  :laugh:
weird thing is, it's random, sometimes it works.

:laugh:  :laugh:
yesterday I cleaned the mouse and my desk

scottrsimons

We've been having weird issues with the Finder seeming to hang up for a bit. Where we can't even access the dock, or when we try to 'command' + 'tab'. And we are on 10.11.6 El Capitan. Been fighting it a while now, and can't find a solution.  :banghead:  Have even contacted Apple and no luck. Different users use "Force Quit Application" window to switch apps when it happens, Spotlight to type the app to switch, and I use the app Alfred to switch apps and a bunch of other things.

Joe

Sounds like something corrupted on the disk. Or is this on more than one Mac?

Try running Onyx on it. It takes time and requires a reboot though.

scottrsimons

Quote from: Joe on February 28, 2019, 09:33:17 AMOr is this on more than one Mac?

Try running Onyx on it.

More than one Mac.

I have used Onyx before, but then stopped and don't remember why. Huh??? Will give it a try. Thanks.

DPSprint

Quote from: scottrsimons on February 28, 2019, 09:19:30 AMI rename by clicking on the file and then pressing the "enter" key, and type away, and hit "enter" again. I avoid using the mouse when I can. Or at least one hand on keyboard and one hand on mouse.
gee I never even noticed that until now... I guess I dont often change folder names on my desktop!

at least I got the solution along with finding out the problem, that makes a change!

born2print

Quote from: scottrsimons on February 28, 2019, 09:30:49 AMWe've been having weird issues with the Finder seeming to hang up for a bit. Where we can't even access the dock, or when we try to 'command' + 'tab'. And we are on 10.11.6 El Capitan. Been fighting it a while now, and can't find a solution.  :banghead:  Have even contacted Apple and no luck. Different users use "Force Quit Application" window to switch apps when it happens, Spotlight to type the app to switch, and I use the app Alfred to switch apps and a bunch of other things.
YUP! 10.11.6 here too, fairly new hardware,
3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC
Friggging rainbow pinwheel all the time! Like I ranted in a different thread(?) What is my Mac busy doing that my minimal Finder task has to wait???
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Tracy

Did the Mojave update this morning hoping it would fix the issue-Nope