simple impo for digital press

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, August 31, 2016, 03:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Any edorsements and or recommendations for a simple imposition solution for a new konica minolta digitalress/copier?

I fear that Quite Imposing might be a little intimidating for our operators, but maybe it could be setup with presets.

Looks ke we are going with the basic Minolta interface, bypassing the Creo rip but we need a good step and repeat, cut and stack, etc. functionality.

Thanks for any input for our situation.

Go Blue Jays! Got real good tickets for September 25 vs. Yankees, cant wait. Looks like baltimore, toronto and boston, should be interesting! But dont let this comment highjack this thread!

Slappy

Can't entirely endorse it, but I sat through a webinar this week for Compose's QuickFit app. Looked cool, I was hoping for more of a light-out automation to pass jobs from our StoreFront to the DI, but it doesn't do that. IT may do what you want, not sure if the Price is Rightâ„¢ either. Once I found out it couldn't do anything for me I bounced.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Grimace

I have used the InDesign plug in from Croptima with great success. It has it's issues but is now free and will automatically place pdfs into InDesign without having to muck with page set up. Worth looking into IMHO
And has good basic imposition.
http://www.croptima.com

Slappy

I'd forgotten about Croptima, might have to give it a look for our digital end now that it's free - thanks!!

pspdfppdfxhd: I have a video of the Compose software if you want to check it out. It's a passwd protected link on Vimeo, lmk if you're interested.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Slappy on September 02, 2016, 10:58:30 AMI'd forgotten about Croptima, might have to give it a look for our digital end now that it's free - thanks!!

pspdfppdfxhd: I have a video of the Compose software if you want to check it out. It's a passwd protected link on Vimeo, lmk if you're interested.

holy shite, you spelled my name right!

wonderings

Croptima was great, but I think it no longer works with the latest update of Indesign. I used it for years and loved the integration in Indesign as that is my primary app of use. Since it went under and would no longer be supported I moved to Imposition Studio, not as easy, but more powerful but a much heftier price tag. If you have a version of Indesign that works with Croptima I would go with that.

Joe

From the link above I tried the version of Croptima that said it was for CC 2015 and it does not work for me in Indy CC 2015. It locks up InDesign any time I try to use it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Yes but we are running our jobs through hot folders direct through to a PC windows that will connect to the new printer. Indesign installation is not an option. Imposition should be stand alone with basic options that could be automated. Hey, the operator is a smart guy, but not too tech savvy.

wonderings

Quote from: Joe on September 06, 2016, 11:56:50 AMFrom the link above I tried the version of Croptima that said it was for CC 2015 and it does not work for me in Indy CC 2015. It locks up InDesign any time I try to use it.

It worked with Indesign CC 2015 up till the latest update for me. A real shame, it was a great cheap imposition app.

Fontaholic

I've had to learn Quite Imposing on the fly at my new job and I'm pretty impressed with it so far!

Yes, there's a learning curve, but if your guy is smart, he should be able to work it out... (Famous last words!)

Cheers,
John the Fontaholic :drunk3:

pspdfppdfxhd

Yes, as far as I can see Quite is the only choice that I know of.