Mako 4 ctp imaging error - Help!

Started by El Comandante, January 12, 2016, 02:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Comandante

Dear colleagues,
We are facing a problem with our Mako 4 CtP, in the last week he has left unrecorded segments on the plate.
Today we got this message from the ctp: Error 2812 (media handler)"Laser can't generate sufficient power"
Bad optic? Bad power supply? Any idea? :-[
Thanks.

Tracy

sounds like something for a professional but I did find this:
sounds like for a new imagesetter tho. call a professional?

Q. Today I went to install the new Mako 4 CTP at our customer site. The following error appears: ERROR (Media handler) Laser can't generate sufficient power

A. ALL Mako CTP machines are shipped with the laser diode shunt installed. This is to reduce the possibility of damaging the laser diode during shipment due to ESD. Ensuring that the machine is grounded, and that you wear the ESD wrist strap, please remove the jumper labeled J1 on the AP10001 pcb. This will solve your problem.

Ear

Hopefully Tracy is on the right track. However, from your post, it sounds like the machine has been in place and operational for a time, as opposed to being installed, which means you might actually have a laser dying.

You need a technician to work on the print head.

I run a Screen 8600 and Screen 8000. The 8000 was famous for bad diodes. We upgraded the building ground and it stopped losing laser diodes. When a laser reaches the end of its life, it will no longer be able to generate enough power to image the plate, no matter how much power is being sent to it.

And it does take a technician to work on the print head, laser and optics. There are some landfill parts in there... meaning if you bump them wrong, the whole machine is landfill. Do not go blindly into the printhead.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

borreskater12

Comandante, your problem is the laser, maybe the driver of laser too, ,you can check the wires or you can check the power supplyyou need calibate the correct values, 5.1v. 24.48v, 15 and -15

Slappy

QuoteComandante
Well, now we KNOW it's a Russian bot!!  :gom:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.