Main Menu

Font Problem

Started by Tracy, April 16, 2008, 02:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Tracy on April 17, 2008, 09:09:33 AMthanks joe
i am using suitcase.
when i select the regular helvetica the type disappears. im not joking. teehee
and Ive tried different versions of helv???
fortunately i dont have a pc job that needs it right now.

and about the font converter i have crossfont it actually works but it hasnt solved my helvetica prob
yet.

Tracy, I use Font Hopper and old OS9 app to convert True Type and PS Level 2 fonts. This program only works in OS9 and will not work on an InTel Mac at all. For any other font conversions, (More extensive) I use Fontographer. It too is an old OS9 app. My company is too cheap to buy anything more up to date, but Font Hopper usually gets me by. If you want it, PM me, I will send you a link. Anyone else is also welcome.
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

That sounds like a mess. I feel lucky I haven't experienced a similar problem, so I'd only try the things suggested above. Here at work we run XP with Suitcase 9.2 and 99.9% of the time there are no issues at all. Every once in a while Suitcase is suddenly missing all fonts - even System fonts - and it takes a restart and just seethingly glaring at the monitor for a minute for them to reappear.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigitalCrapShoveler

You know, I haven't had too many problems with ATM Deluxe for PC. It is similiar to Suitcase, but doesn't seem as problematic.
Member #285 - Civilian

Tracy

Thanks DCS your very kind.
Im going to try and get the ATM I am using intel based.
I do have an os 9 computer tho. I will check into this PM and get in touch.
you know whats weird I placed the pdf i made from quark using 12 pt helv and put that in indesign
it matches the helv medium 12 pt in indesign?

Tracy

Hey Joe
I did try putting it in the system, and I do think Im dealing with a bad font with something else.
Im going to try the converter DCS talked about as soon as I Pm him.
Im I allowed to ask someone for a font?

Tracy

I must have serious problems looks like I just made junior member in weeks time. yay!

EyeTech

Welcome to the forum Tracy...you could try Linotypes' Font Explorer, it's free and works really well on the Mac platform can't see any reason why it shouldn't work just as well on PC. Don't worry that it's still in beta, we've used it for 3 years without issue.

http://www.linotype.com/3321/freedownloadpc.html
'I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out'" Bill Hicks

Self-indulgent Flickr page

gnubler

Quote from: EyeTech on April 17, 2008, 10:13:04 AMWelcome to the forum Tracy...you could try Linotypes' Font Explorer, it's free and works really well on the Mac platform can't see any reason why it shouldn't work just as well on PC. Don't worry that it's still in beta, we've used it for 3 years without issue.

http://www.linotype.com/3321/freedownloadpc.html

It says they aren't offering the beta download anymore until they release the offical first version. I've been waiting breathlessly for it myself for months now.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

Quote from: Tracy on April 17, 2008, 10:05:11 AMI must have serious problems looks like I just made junior member in weeks time. yay!

Don't feel inadequate there Tracy...the vast majority of our posts are senseless beep-beep banter exchanged in the neue "Social Category"

But we're glad you're here!

ninjaPB_43

People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

EyeTech

I'm a moron! Didn't mean to get your hopes up - I just was too lazy to read the small print!
'I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out'" Bill Hicks

Self-indulgent Flickr page

Tracy

i did see that font explorer is waiting to put out the pc version
cant wait!

Tracy

my coworker is using the helvetica fine
its my computer

Tracy

NO WAY!  Just got it to work!!!!!!
Im sure theres still something wrong but at least I got it to work.
Thankyou Thankyou!