News:

Main Menu

What font is this?

Started by Joe, September 15, 2010, 12:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

youston

gnubler

Quote from: Farabomb on November 30, 2010, 10:10:02 AMYou know you miss him.

True. I just can't wait to hear all about what happened.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

tapdn

usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

gnubler

And sure enough, there's an entire thread telling us all about it. My life is finally complete, I can die now...

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Quote from: youston on November 30, 2010, 10:14:25 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on November 30, 2010, 10:10:02 AMYou know you miss him.

Gnubler really should invest in a scope.

Make sure you have a good sight picture. One shot, one kill.

Funny related aside. My brother went hunting recently, took 3 shots at a deer from prone with a bipod. Thought he hit with all 3 but no blood trail next to the tracks. The next day we went and took the shots again from basically the same position. Only then did he realize that there was a berm in the line of fire. Yup, 3 shots right into the dirt and didn't notice.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

I'm looking for a bold serif font with equal width strokes. (eg: both vertical strokes of letter M are the same width). I just scanned through the 2,196 fonts I have in FEX right now and couldn't find one serif font with equal strokes. Can anyone think of one? :kiss:

NefariousDrO

Bookman is the closest I can think of, and they're not quite equal, but close?

NefariousDrO

And I hesitate to add this, but there's always courier ;)

Seriously, I've not been able to find anything either, and I just waded through a sizable part of the adobe font catalogue. Where the heck else is there to look?

DigiCorn

Quote from: gnubler on December 14, 2010, 02:24:20 PMI'm looking for a bold serif font with equal width strokes. (eg: both vertical strokes of letter M are the same width). I just scanned through the 2,196 fonts I have in FEX right now and couldn't find one serif font with equal strokes. Can anyone think of one? :kiss:
Maybe Officina Serif?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Thanks all. Courier and Officina are too blocky. I'm trying to match a sample someone traced from a sign. :sleepy:

So is it some kind of conspiracy that EVERY serif font on the planet has different width strokes?

Joe

Anytime I have a font issue I just use comic sans. You really can't go wrong with that choice. It's the "everything" font.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

Quote from: gnub, the squirrel masterSo is it some kind of conspiracy that EVERY serif font on the planet has different width strokes?

yes, and you didn't hear that from me. :ninja:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca