name this font, please

Started by David, August 08, 2011, 09:23:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delooch

Quote from: david on August 08, 2011, 10:26:36 AMthis is silly...
I was give the brand standards for this company, and guess what I found...
because their designer hacked 2-3 fonts together to make a logo typeface?

David

that's my guess, and they do this so they can keep crap like this in-house, DA's

that's prolly why it doesn't match a single font, mygawd, the audacity of some desingers, hacking a font just to make it their own...  geez
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

David

the sad part is, the company that did this, is now wanting me to make text edits to their signs, after they approved the brand standards done from someone else. Why don't you send it to them to do the edits?

arrrrrg
Livin' la Vida Loca

delooch

Quote from: david on August 08, 2011, 11:04:25 AMthe sad part is, the company that did this, is now wanting me to make text edits to their signs, after they approved the brand standards done from someone else. Why don't you send it to them to do the edits?
arrrrrg
my experience has been that the "brand standards" are really only followed by the creator/designer, and that most most of the people requesting the work/changes have NO IDEA what/why brand standards are implicated. even better is when they enact strict logo usage rules, then not have ANYTHING readily available for use in proper format.

then again, im trapped in a government shop. things made a little more sense in the commercial world.

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Quote from: david on August 08, 2011, 11:04:25 AMthe sad part is, the company that did this, is now wanting me to make text edits to their signs, after they approved the brand standards done from someone else. Why don't you send it to them to do the edits?

arrrrrg
Thank you.
We have customers that insist on using their ad agency, then two years later want us to make make radical changes.  :banghead:
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

David

Quote from: Delooch...things made a little more sense in the commercial world.

thanks for the laugh, but sadly no, things make less sense in the commercial world.

We were doing some GPO jobs a while back, and I remember getting a disk with the files. And included with the disk,  was a sheet of paper that was a screen capture of the fonts used in the job. No fonts mind you, just a list of what they used, maybe.

In the commercial world, I get a disk from an "agency", the disk includes every font they have on their computer, and of course, it's missing the one they used.

:death:
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: david on August 08, 2011, 10:26:36 AMthis is silly...

I was give the brand standards for this company, and guess what I found...

You are in deep doodoo now as you have already attempted to mess with it. The police will be there shortly.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

t-pat

I've got some ongoing problem here of a job that did not supply a particular Helvetica LT. I have it so I used it, and the one I used linked right up without having to substitute anything and the job looks fine. I mentioned that they did not supply it so of course I get a download link to a zip of what supposedly is all the fonts in use on the job. It's of course the same shit they sent originally. There's no problem except that there's apparently some "legal thing" about me not using our fonts on this particular job (Big Pharma at work... don't get me started)

So they're all hung up on this but still refuse to answer my question as to what to do with the line on this letter that reads <variable date>
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

gnubler

I love dealing with brand standards and corporate style guides. They please me immensely.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Quote from: tpatterson on August 08, 2011, 12:26:59 PMI've got some ongoing problem here of a job that did not supply a particular Helvetica LT. I have it so I used it, and the one I used linked right up without having to substitute anything and the job looks fine. I mentioned that they did not supply it so of course I get a download link to a zip of what supposedly is all the fonts in use on the job. It's of course the same shit they sent originally. There's no problem except that there's apparently some "legal thing" about me not using our fonts on this particular job (Big Pharma at work... don't get me started)

So they're all hung up on this but still refuse to answer my question as to what to do with the line on this letter that reads <variable date>
one
thing
at
a
time

corporation schmucks can't multitask.
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

David

that's
for
sure
I
have
trouble
with
it
my
self

:laugh:
Livin' la Vida Loca

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Farabomb

Quote from: david on August 08, 2011, 12:58:44 PMthat's
for
sure
I
have
trouble
with
it
my
self

I call BS. If needed to you could drink a margarita in each hand.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

ok, you got me, I am a multi tasker at heart....

I can:
walk, chew gum, AND hold a drink in my hand, all while not spilling a drop.  I am available for parties.
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Quote from: david on August 08, 2011, 02:27:25 PMok, you got me, I am a multi tasker at heart....

I can:
walk, chew gum, AND hold a drink in my hand, all while not spilling a drop.  I am available for parties.

You do weddings, right?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david