News:

Main Menu

Euro Sans Exp Bold

Started by Typegurl, April 24, 2013, 01:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Typegurl

Hi Does anyone have this font that actually works? Euro Sans Exp Bold.
I have the Postscript family loaded in Suitecase Fusion 4 and it does not work right.
Just a bunch of Euro symbols.
Does anyone else have this problem with this font?
I tried downloading some free versions, but I had the same problem. (and yes I know free fonts usually suck) but sometimes not!
Thanks

Tracy

Are you on a mac?
tried the free font explorer?

Typegurl

Yes I am on a Mac. You think it might work using Font Explorer?

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

born2print

My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

t-pat

just for the hell of it have you tried turning off font management completely and placing the fonts in a folder called "Document fonts"? Later versions of Indy will use internal font management when fonts are placed in that folder, and you may experience different (possibly worse, possibly better) results than using external font management?

not sure of what sort of working file you have so this may not apply.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DCurry

Quote from: t-pat on April 24, 2013, 03:11:07 PMjust for the hell of it have you tried turning off font management completely and placing the fonts in a folder called "Document fonts"? Later versions of Indy will use internal font management when fonts are placed in that folder, and you may experience different (possibly worse, possibly better) results than using external font management?

not sure of what sort of working file you have so this may not apply.

The "Document fonts" folder must reside in the same directory as the InDesign document for this to work.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

frailer

If copying it into your InDesign application's 'Fonts' folder doesn't do it, your only hope may be TansType. It's been eons since I used it, (we got the proper paid version years ago; I doubt it would work on our current OSX).
We've pretty much moved on to PDF workflow here. We used to use it for a particular (long-gone) customer who supplied PC Indy files, with PC fonts.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Typegurl

Thanks for the help. I will work on it later today when I have time. This is what the font is looking like.

Tracy

Linotype FontExplorer might help
here is a link to the free version, let us know if it doesn't work, we can get it to you somehow.

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Font-Tools/Linotype-FontExplorer-X.shtml

what version of indy are you on?

Slappy

Quote from: Joe on April 24, 2013, 02:42:38 PMDoes it look like this? :laugh:

http://www.font-db.com/font/euro-sans-std/34460
Hey, at least it doesn't look like - this!!  :sad:

A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Typegurl

I am using CS6. Font looks bad in Illustrator too. So what is the deal with this font?
It does look all funky even when I go to buy it off of a website!!!

Tracy

bad bad bad font :laugh:
Did you try the Document fonts folder posted above?