I am new to XMF. Need support to achieve first plate output

Started by ESL NG, October 31, 2016, 03:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ESL NG

I have studied XMF user manual and am now trying to produce plate for the first time. With each attempt, the system gets stuck at the status "waiting for media"
at this stage, RENDERING is "completted" and also CIP4 GENERATION is "completed" but OUTPUT status is at "waiting for media"
The same situation occurs while processing both 1-bit TIFF Output or Imposition workflow. kindly support!

Diddler

Sound like the imagesetter is waiting for a plate.
Are your media settings in XMF correct for the plate? That would be the first thing I checked.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

Ear

Are you trying to run the platesetter from XMF directly or sending to a Tiff Catcher?

I agree with Diddler... the platesetter wants a plate. Or, you need to set up some hotfolders for your Tiff Catcher (like Raster Blaster).

Other than that, mine go into a held position, after rendering. I then right-click and select "release plates for output", at which point they spool into my Hotfolders for the Raster Blaster to pick up.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Lyzan

How does your platesetter connected to your XMF - thru XMF device driver or third party TIFF catcher?

Anyway, either way, you need to configure your target device with corresponding media. This can be accomplished by using the ColorPath Organizer and the Calibration Manager.

//Lyzan

abc

What an interesting thread!

'kindly support!'

Can't you call Fuji?

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Plus you would think they had someone there during the initial install to guide them through this part.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

nordeuk@hotmail.com

How do you get a workflow with no install engineer or training?   :shoots_self:

Farabomb

I bought one from Kodak and received 0 training other than a quick overview from the install tech that was less knowledgeable than me.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job