Adobe CC 2017 released

Started by Joe, November 02, 2016, 07:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

I wish I had looked earlier so I could get Tracy to fix it. But I slogged through the uninstall and reinstall though.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

I think what's happening is when you update illy, the bridge changes to the sniffer.
our bridge should of been fine before the update.
weird

I'm wanting to uninstall my CS6 bridge but it doesn't show up in the uninstall folder
just all the other cs6 stuff
How would I do that?

Joe

I don't have Bridge CS6 installed but isn't it listed in the Creative Cloud app under previous versions with an uninstall link or in the application folder as shown below?

wonderings

I do not believe CS6 is part of the Creative Cloud app for installing and removing apps. It used a very different way for authenticating the app and making sure it was licensed. It has been a while since I used CS6, but I know there used to be an uninstaller in the folder, or in the mass installer for CS6 there is an option to uninstall.

You could go a simple route and download a free app called "AppCleaner". Basically you just drop the app into it, it finds all its files and trashes them. Just make sure you de-authorize first.

Joe

I have a few Macs that have every version from CS3 up to CC 2017 installed on them. CS6 through CC 2017 are all listed in the CC app.

Tracy

Thanks for the info about AppCleaner, Is it clear how to de-authorize?

All my CS6 apps show up in CC App except bridge
I have all the uninstaller's except bridge, weird
I will see if I have it on the disk.

wonderings

Quote from: Joe on November 08, 2016, 08:06:44 AMI have a few Macs that have every version from CS3 up to CC 2017 installed on them. CS6 through CC 2017 are all listed in the CC app.
I think the first full version of CS we had was CS5. They are all listed when I log into my Adobe account, but nothing listed in the CC app under previous versions, unless there is something else I need to click on to see even older apps. When I installed CS6 on another computer to try some things I directly downloaded from Adobe and used my serial number.

Joe

Quote from: wonderings on November 08, 2016, 09:04:21 AMI think the first full version of CS we had was CS5. They are all listed when I log into my Adobe account, but nothing listed in the CC app under previous versions, unless there is something else I need to click on to see even older apps. When I installed CS6 on another computer to try some things I directly downloaded from Adobe and used my serial number.

When we first subscribed to CC we were running CS6 so it was showing in the app. Then we installed CC so I think it still shows in there because at the time we subscribed it showed the 2 most recent versions and has since added CC 2014, CC 2015, CC 2015.x, and now CC 2017.

I've actually been trying to get some time so I can format/clean install latest OS X on those Macs and only have the latest version installed.

Quote from: Tracy on November 08, 2016, 09:03:46 AMThanks for the info about AppCleaner, Is it clear how to de-authorize?

All my CS6 apps show up in CC App except bridge
I have all the uninstaller's except bridge, weird
I will see if I have it on the disk.

In CS6 it is under the Help menu in Photoshop.

Tracy

Bridge CS6 uninstalls with cs6 package You cannot install or uninstall separately fyi :laugh:

CC Bridge is a separate install/uninstall

Tracy

I updated my other Mac to CC 2017
and figured out how to not have to uninstall and reinstall illy because of the AIGPUSniffer problem

In the bridge take the file association link off the previous illy version to whatever
and then after you update illy, go back to the bridge and select updated illy version
close bridge all should be good

Ear

I just installed CC2017... where's my free cookie?
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Ear

Thanks, Joe... feel a little bloated now....
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigiCorn

We have 2017, but I've only used it once. But a few times in 2015 I have gotten "pop up ads" from Adobe for various other pieces of software while I was working! It hasn't happened in a while, so I either got it disabled, or an update removed it.

I was thinking what a genius scheme by Adobe (to sell pop-up ad space in their software) to make more money, since they haven't fleeced us enough already. Imagine you're working on a project, and then BOOM, pop up ad. It was pretty frustrating.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Has anyone else seen that? I'd be fucking infuriated if I had ads pop-up in a program I pay a lot for.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job