Adobe CC 2017 released

Started by Joe, November 02, 2016, 07:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Quote from: Tracy on November 28, 2016, 02:38:49 PMOne thing I noticed that is different, when you need to select a specific page to import
there is now an options drop down you have to select instead of just selecting show import options
I don't like it  :huh:
Found this Feature recently, brand new sparkly Mac that never had CC2016 on it so was forced to install CC2017 and discover another Adobe Time Saver.

:shoots_self:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Farabomb

It's called a feature. Adobe couldn't just add a few useful functions and maybe change the color and call it a new release. They need to change the UI and bury the things you use daily behind 15 menus.

Be happy we still have output preview. Going by the files I get, members here and maybe 3 others knows it exists.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

pspdfppdfxhd

Soon we'll have to print out a map of where to find things. Like one of those crazy video games where you need a map to figure out where the hell you've been/are. :drunk3:

Farabomb

I laughed way too much about having to buy a walkthrough for Acrobat.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

wonderings

One thing I am hating and cannot seem to figure out is the is the "colour theme tool" in Indesign. Completely useless for me, but I use the eyedropper tool all the time. I think with CC2017 they put the colour theme tool as default rather then the eye dropper tool. Drives me nuts having to switch back all the time. I tried opening indesign, no documents open, select the eye dropper tool to hopefully save it as default. Sometimes it stays, other times it does not. Really annoying.

Joe

I just changed it to the eyedropper tool. Quit InDesign. Started InDesign back up and the eyedropper tool is there when InDesign opens. So I tried quitting Indy and re-opening 4 more times. Still have the eyedropper tool there.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

wonderings

Quote from: Joe on January 06, 2017, 08:25:56 AMI just changed it to the eyedropper tool. Quit InDesign. Started InDesign back up and the eyedropper tool is there when InDesign opens. So I tried quitting Indy and re-opening 4 more times. Still have the eyedropper tool there.

Well keep an eye on it, I do that as well and works well for a bit then it changes, no idea why or how. I cannot repeat it, it just randomly happens.