News:

Main Menu

Learning Pitstop 12

Started by Tracy, July 14, 2014, 11:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

I still find it wonky compared to v7... but that was made a long time ago. You have to expect things will change and just as I had to learn it before, I'll just adapt again.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

Trying to pull out bleeds using pitstop select tool
not sure how to do it.
I'm not seeing a handle

Joe

You're not seeing these handles?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

actually yes, but I'm not able to move them.
(can't grab it)

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

snatch the pebble, weedhopper...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on September 17, 2014, 01:32:54 PMactually yes, but I'm not able to move them.
(can't grab it)

I have the same problem with Acrobat X but it works in Acrobat XI.

DigiCorn

Those damned things are hard to grab sometimes
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

abc

Ever tried manipulating an object using X/Y co-ordinates in the Inspector?

Just a thought

Joe

Quote from: abc on September 18, 2014, 04:22:32 PMEver tried manipulating an object using X/Y co-ordinates in the Inspector?

Just a thought

Of course but the handles that are there do not always work. Like I mentioned, I can grab them and pull them out with Acrobat XI but not in Acrobat X.

abc

can you send me the example joe?

I would like to understand why

Joe

It is not any certain PDF file. It is every PDF. In Acrobat 10 I cannot grab a handle and resize whether it is text, image, or a vector object. The same PDF opened in Acrobat XI and I can grab the handle and resize it.

Joe

I just updated to Acrobat X to the recently released Acrobat X 10.1.12 and now I can grab the handles and re-size objects. Weird stuff.

abc

that is really weird, what OS are you running?

DigiCorn

Quote from: abc on September 18, 2014, 04:22:32 PMEver tried manipulating an object using X/Y co-ordinates in the Inspector?

Just a thought
That's how I used to do it. Once the handles showed up, it's my standard backup. I can usually grab the handles, but sometimes it's tricky; takes three or four attempts.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway