News:

Main Menu

DUPLICATE pages

Started by WharfRat, May 16, 2013, 09:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t-pat

Quote from: david on May 17, 2013, 01:35:50 PMspinning beach ball of death, a Mac classic icon, thank you OS X

nah it'll run fine, but if you have one page with a different trimbox and you run a design layout that say, resizes a page based on existing trimbox (like add a margin to make room for marks, or something else) you'll get one page that's way the hell off from the rest if you have that scenario.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

DCurry

Quote from: t-pat on May 17, 2013, 12:57:02 PMa blank page that will potentially have a different trim box. Try it on a file that has crops, bleed box, trim box, and media box, you'll see that your original page will have the correct trim box, but your new page will have a trim box that is the media box.

So what? - it's blank. If it's a problem, you can simply go to another page and apply it's page boxes to the entire document.

Many ways to skin a cat!
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

t-pat

Quote from: DCurry on May 18, 2013, 08:29:31 AM
Quote from: t-pat on May 17, 2013, 12:57:02 PMa blank page that will potentially have a different trim box. Try it on a file that has crops, bleed box, trim box, and media box, you'll see that your original page will have the correct trim box, but your new page will have a trim box that is the media box.

So what? - it's blank. If it's a problem, you can simply go to another page and apply it's page boxes to the entire document.

Many ways to skin a cat!

Not sure why you're trying to argue? I say it's a problem for us sometimes, and it is. Do I need to battle wits with you every time? Did I ask for a solution? Not sure why you feel the need to troll me in here, but it gets a bit old.

Just trying to give people a heads up to a potential landmine. Some people's workflow is very dependent on correct page boxes. There's a reason that they're in PDFS too, not to be simply ignored.

Read the thread - it's a problem if you insert blank page and then apply design layouts and they're based off trim boxes. Easy as hell to miss unless you have some tool on that shows the boxes.
Spire rips go off the media box of the first page, x/y offsets. If you have marks on the blank page, which you might add to the document at some point, they'll wind up printing in the trim area.

Not going to redesign our entire workflow so your easy button will work here, jeez.
vdp donkey

DCurry

No need to be an a$$hole about it - just offering up solutions that maybe, just maybe, you hadn't thought of yet. Since you obviously already know everything, why bother asking questions?

To be clear, I wasn't arguing with you (until now, since you decided to be a dick) - simply participating in a discussion. 
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

DigiCorn

can't we all just get along?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

t-pat

Quote from: DCurry on May 20, 2013, 10:46:26 AMNo need to be an a$$hole about it - just offering up solutions that maybe, just maybe, you hadn't thought of yet. Since you obviously already know everything, why bother asking questions?

To be clear, I wasn't arguing with you (until now, since you decided to be a dick) - simply participating in a discussion.

Not being a dick but it seems that every post I make with a suggestion or a technique I use, you have a "better" way or are negating what I suggest - maybe I'm just taking it too personally. I don't know everything, but when I see someone post "Just do it xxx way, who cares about yyy" and I know there's a potential issue, I feel dismissed.
vdp donkey

DigiCorn

the children? won't somebody please think of the children?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Damn dudes, simmer down. We're all prepress.

What pisses me off is when these designers tell me how to do a certain thing in Illy or PS. As if.  :shoots_self:

"You know about the clone tool, don't you?"
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

born2print

Please select one:

:group:
 :popcorn:
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

swampymarsh

There is a nice script that one can use in Acrobat Pro that will duplicate each page directly after itself:

Duplicate every page in the document (carbon copy):

https://www.evermap.com/javascript.asp#Title:%20Duplicate%20every%20page%20in%20the%20document%20(carbon%20copy)

Hope this helps!

Quote from: WharfRat on May 16, 2013, 09:16:50 AMIs there a method in PitStop Pro to:

duplicate all of the pages in a PDF
and then
put them after THEMSELVES
so
the document would print with the same page on BACK of itself?

so:

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

becomes

1-1-2-2-3-3-4-4-5-5-6-6-7-7-8-8-9-9

MSD

Made in Taiwan

Just tried it, seems to work quite well. Thanks for sharing!
Working in Prepress is very difficult. God chose only the best to do this job.

DigitalCrapShoveler

I'm glad someone revived this thread, I would have missed all that action.
Member #285 - Civilian