Prinergy 6 - System Monitor Daemon - Terminated Abnormally (SOLVED)

Started by Gumby, October 24, 2018, 02:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumby

Hello all,

First off I must state that I am very green when it comes to this software.  I am an IT consultant with no prior experience with Kodak Systems or any workflow systems for that matter.  That said I have been asked to solve a problem for a client and I am 95% there but need a bit of help to complete the project.

The shop that I am working with is setting up a refurbished box they picked up.  They have no knowledge of usernames and password for the system (if anyone knows the default database username/password, Dashboard Admin user/pass, that would also be of great use as it may be needed in the future)

The box is running Windows Server 2008 R2, Kodak Premium Workflow Server, and Prinergy 6.1.2.0.  Initially had a broken database which I was able to resolve and most things appear to be good now except for one issue that has been found.  In Prinergy Administrator the "System Monitor Daemon" is continually crashing with the status "Terminated Abnormally".  I dont think this has an effect on how the other applications run however from the investigating that I have done we will not be notified of any issues without this application working properly.  I have checked the server's event log and it is showing the following .NET Runtume error

Application: MeasureDiskUsage.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.IOException
Stack:
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIODriveError(System.String, Int32)
   at System.IO.DriveInfo.get_TotalSize()
   at MeasureDiskUsage.Program.PrintDiskSpaceInMB(System.String)
   at MeasureDiskUsage.Program.Main(System.String[])

The Prinergy log found at C:\Prinergy\CreoAraxi\system\log\xxxx.log shows the following
W 24Oct18 18:38:54.936 [4368.544] HW25099-38 ARAXI araxi DMGR_BaseDaemon.cpp(1624): DMGR_BaseDaemon::handleProcessSignalled-9: Daemon PSystemMonD failed and will be restarted. Retry #149
I have logged in as user ARAXI and I am able to run "C:\Prinergy\CreoAraxi\bin\MeasureDiskUsage.exe" on both the J and C drives and I get a correct result so I have both permissions to access/run the file as well as permisisons to view the disk info also so that is not the issue.

Can anyone suggest where I might look next?

Thanks in advance.

Gumby

Thanks for the response Joe,

For record I have made the following changes to re-enable Windows Update in case anyone else stumbles upon this.

* Changed HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU\NoAutoUpdate from 1 to 0 (enable auto update)
* Changed HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU\AUOptions from 3 to 2 (Notify when updates are available)
* Deleted HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\WUServer (was set to use kodak server)
* Deleted HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\WUStatusServer  (was set to use kodak server)

I then restarted the Windows Update service and now the system can successfully find and install updates via windows update.  I'll report back as to whether getting the system up to date fixes the .NET error caused by MeasureDiskUsage.exe once the system is up to date and rebooted.

Gumby

All windows updates have been applied however it did not fix the System Monitor Daemon .NET issue when running MeasureDiskUsage.exe

I did some further sleuthing and by running C:\Prinergy\CreoAraxi\bin\PSystemMonD.exe manually I received the following output
C:\Prinergy\CreoAraxi\bin\PSystemMonD.exe
Initialising 'pywintypes'
Initialising 'pythoncom'
Initialising 'win32ui'
Wed Oct 24 19:18:47 2018 The Prinergy Disk Monitor daemon is starting
All Drives: ['C:', 'D:', 'F:', 'G:', 'H:', 'I:', 'J:']
Include List: []
Exclude List: []
Drive C: Fixed drive
Drive D: CD-ROM drive
Drive F: Fixed drive
Drive G: Fixed drive
Drive H: Fixed drive
Drive I: Fixed drive
Drive J: Fixed drive
Monitored Drives: ['C:', 'F:', 'G:', 'H:', 'I:', 'J:']

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.IOException: The volume does not contain a recognized file system.
Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIODriveError(String driveName, Int32 errorCode)
   at System.IO.DriveInfo.get_TotalSize()
   at MeasureDiskUsage.Program.PrintDiskSpaceInMB(String driveLetter)
   at MeasureDiskUsage.Program.Main(String[] args)
Wed Oct 24 19:19:03 2018 The Prinergy System Monitor daemon is stopping

This gave me the info I needed.  I had previously attached a virtual disk to pull files off of and one of the partitions had an unrecognized filesystem yet windows decided to give it a drive letter anyhow.  When scanned the unrecognized partition caused MeasureDiskUsage.exe to throw an error. I removed that drive letter from the partition and now the System Monitor Daemon is happy.