Embedding fonts, Indesign export

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, January 09, 2019, 10:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

I am sure I should already know how to do this after being in prepress for about 500 years, but, I am asking how you embed fonts from the Indesign export? Mine always seem to be "Embedded subset" which is a problem when you want to edit in Pitstop and the character is not included in the document. I know it can be embedded with pitstop but that's a step I would like to remove.

I apologize for my ignorance, how have I survived in this racket for so long? Oh, yeah, I work cheap.

David

QuoteSubset Fonts When Percent Of Characters Used Is Less Than
Sets the threshold for embedding complete fonts based on how many of the font's characters are used in the document. If the percentage of characters used in the document for any given font is exceeded, then that specific font is completely embedded. Otherwise, the font is subsetted. Embedding complete fonts increases file size, but if you want to make sure you completely embed all fonts, enter 0 (zero). You can also set a threshold in the General Preferences dialog box to trigger font subsetting based on the number of glyphs a font contains.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

pspdfppdfxhd

Tracy

In the Indesign preferences go to the general tab and you will see it
mine says 2000 right now!!!

David

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on January 09, 2019, 12:37:52 PMThanks, but what's a "glyphs".
additional characters in a Font face like carets, accents, etc

or...
QuoteIn typography, a glyph /ɡlɪf/ is an elemental symbol within an agreed set of symbols, intended to represent a readable character for the purposes of writing. Glyphs are considered to be unique marks that collectively add up to the spelling of a word or contribute to a specific meaning of what is written, with that meaning dependent on cultural and social usage.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

scottrsimons

"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson