News:

Main Menu

MIcrosoft Tablet

Started by Joe, June 19, 2012, 11:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

OK. It is rather nice looking. I fully expect them to drop the ball before it becomes a reality. Still not sure about the Windows 8 interface and too lazy to download it and try it. Actually I probably don't have any hardware that will run it.

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Grimace

I was going to give this a fair chance until i learned they don't have a release date or prices yet. Doomed.
this will fail just as fast as their Kin phone nonsense http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/06/four-reasons-why-microsofts-kin-phone-failed/

Farabomb

Looks a whole lot like this. The difference is you can buy this one now.

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

StrutzinInc

Normally I would see this as a great innovation and competitor for the iPad, but I just don't view it that way. It looks like nothing more than a mini laptop and probably has less capabilities than one of those eBooks.

Ok maybe not that bad, but I just can't see it competing with the iPad in any sort of real way. Buy one Macbook Air and all of a sudden you're an Apple snob apparently.

Farabomb

As long as micro$oft doesn't lock the OS down tighter than a frog's ass like Apple there will be people that buy it. Some people like me like to play around and tweak the device how they like.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job