Prepress Operator SW Chicago Suburbs

Started by t-pat, October 12, 2012, 02:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t-pat

Need experienced (5+ years) operator. Must know Preps 6 hopefully including using JDF folding patterns, and have above average Pitstop skills. Of course, need to know Creative Suite, Quark, et cetera. No hacks, blood sausages, or trainees please. It's a small department so no room for BS.

Preference given to those with the above, plus packaging and VDP experience. We use XMPie.

Late 1st shift hours ideally 10-6 m-f, full time, Blue Cross, vacation, 401k. Smallish company with a diverse account base. We do web to print, mailings and personalized variable work, packaging, business stationery, envelopes for conversion. We run Prinergy Evo and have fairly new equipment in prepress (12 core Mac Pros with dual 24" monitors).

Southwest Chicago suburbs, near intersection of I294 and I55

Contact me via PM here. We're interviewing starting next week and hiring ASAP. I will be doing some of the interviewing but only can make recommendations. I will forward all resumes to the decision makers though.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

pspdfppdfxhd

Small department with 12 macs?

Could i commute from toronto?

Maybe too far.......

Stiv

I would love to work with many of the prepresser's here on b4 and if I was single I would pack up and move right now.

Good luck on your search.

gnubler

If we all worked together it would be the sickest, most drunken prepress department on the planet. :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

t-pat

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on October 12, 2012, 06:47:03 PMSmall department with 12 macs?

Could i commute from toronto?

Maybe too far.......

12-Core macs :) There are 3 of these and a couple 8-cores.

Sure you can commute, wtf do I care? We have guys commuting in 2 hours to work here. What's another 4 hours?
vdp donkey

DigiCorn

I'd consider it, but it's in Chicago and I don't do cold weather.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

t-pat

Quote from: DigiCorn on October 15, 2012, 10:47:34 AMI'd consider it, but it's in Chicago and I don't do cold weather.

yeah hmm me too. Still... murder capital of the world and all, how can you resist?
vdp donkey

DigiCorn

Quote from: t-pat on October 15, 2012, 10:49:51 AM
Quote from: DigiCorn on October 15, 2012, 10:47:34 AMI'd consider it, but it's in Chicago and I don't do cold weather.

yeah hmm me too. Still... murder capital of the world and all, how can you resist?
it is? I thought it was Detroit, Miami or Fresno... but Stockton looks to be on it's way up.

Sacramento is the stolen car capital of the world, but those bastards in Fresno are trying to get the title back.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

delooch

Quote from: DigiCorn on October 15, 2012, 10:59:47 AM

it is? I thought it was Detroit, Miami or Fresno... but Stockton looks to be on it's way up.

Sacramento is the stolen car capital of the world, but those bastards in Fresno are trying to get the title back.
haha.. we will regain our title!

we just had a spree of idiots smashing out car windows in NE Clovis, no thefts involved, just the smashing of about 30 car windows in one night just because..

DigiCorn

Quote from: delooch on October 15, 2012, 11:17:20 AM
Quote from: DigiCorn on October 15, 2012, 10:59:47 AM

haha.. we will regain our title!

we just had a spree of idiots smashing out car windows in NE Clovis, no thefts involved, just the smashing of about 30 car windows in one night just because..
You're not going to get the title back that way...
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Stiv

t-pat

ugh this is gonna get messy. Hiring someone not quite qualified on a "trial basis" and I think we're just wasting the guy's time.
vdp donkey

gnubler

And yours. You'll know within the first 15 minutes if he's a tard or not.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

t-pat

Quote from: gnubler on October 15, 2012, 06:55:03 PMAnd yours. You'll know within the first 15 minutes if he's a tard or not.
Probably should split this into The Bar.
vdp donkey

t-pat

vdp donkey